Tuesday, April 30: Orioles vs Yankees

SteveA

We've held the Yankees to one run in 13 innings.

Now if you were going to go back to yesterday and today's game threads, and count the posts talking positively about our pitchers during the games, and count the posts talking negatively about our pitchers during the games, I think about 80% of them would be talking negatively.  During games where we give up 1 run in 13 innings.

I guess I just don't understand the mentality.   If Kremer were to load the bases like Cortes did last inning, before getting out of it, there would be a barrage of posts about how he was struggling, and how doom was right around the corner. 

I wonder if the Yankee board was so full of doom and gloom when Cortes loaded the bases?   I'm sure there were SOME negative posts, but I doubt it would be as overwhelmingly negative as it is around here.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Just now, OriolesMagic83 said:

Nice hit by Mateo!  Maybe this is the start of his yearly hot streak.

Hopefully not as extreme as last year.  He was literally one of the top hitters in the league in April, and the worst hitter in the league from May on.