May 3rd @ Reds

Just now, ArtVanDelay said:

My grandfather was from NYC and was 25 years old when the Giants and Dodgers moved.  He’s been dead for 25 years.

It was kind of a joke, I am insinuating that real New Yorkers do not root for either the Yankees or the Mets

2 minutes ago, Philip said:

It was kind of a joke, I am insinuating that real New Yorkers do not root for either the Yankees or the Mets

The Yankees were originally the Orioles so real New Yorkers should root for the Orioles.

33 minutes ago, Malike said:

This game better start soon or I'm going to fire up Stellar Blade and peace out.

I'm going to have to fire something else up.  Your avatar is a clue.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

The Yankees were originally the Orioles so real New Yorkers should root for the Orioles.

I thought the Giants were originally the orioles, which is why they also use orange and black? They went from Baltimore to NY and then to SF.

I think I remember there’s more to the story, but vague on details.

And yes, all people should root for the orioles.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Philip said:

Yes, real NY'ers root for the Mets. NY has in fact had people born and raised in NY for many years after those teams left the state. They are real NY'ers, too.

Fake NY'ers are Yankee/Cowboys fans. There are more of those than anything here.

Edited by Malike

1 minute ago, Philip said:

I thought the Giants were originally the orioles, which is why they also use orange and black? They went from Baltimore to NY and then to SF.

The original Orioles became the New York Highlanders which, in turn, became the New York Yankees. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Philip said:

IIRC, the Giants use orange and black because John McGraw liked those colors from his days with the Orioles.

But the Yankees were the ones that were originally in Baltimore.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Remember The Alomar said:

The original Orioles became the New York Highlanders which, in turn, became the New York Yankees. 

Back to class..

Edited by Philip
New info