6-man rotation is officially happening

11 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

I don’t disagree but he has more recent experience pitching in the pen. Could also fill Coulombe role.

They are both LH, but DC is a 30% K rate guy. Irvin can’t fill that role.

Luis Gonzalez might though

21 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Irvin is better as a starter too

19 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

It was mentioned somewhere last night. I'd like to see Suarez go to the pen due to length. He needs to go longer in games to stick in the rotation.

With the off day coming up, we can skip two guys. Right now we are down a lefty in the pen in NYY is RHB heavy (aside from Soto). I think Irvin in the pen makes sense to get an extra lefty. 

Then, as I posted in another thread, if we skip Bradish vs Philly, we would then get Bradish-Grayson-Burnes vs NYY. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

With the off day coming up, we can skip two guys. Right now we are down a lefty in the pen in NYY is RHB heavy (aside from Soto). I think Irvin in the pen makes sense to get an extra lefty. 

Then, as I posted in another thread, if we skip Bradish vs Philly, we would then get Bradish-Grayson-Burnes vs NYY. 

Highly doubt Bradish gets skipped. He’s already getting an extra day off with the 6 man rotation.

It seems to make little sense to go to a 6 man rotation given how thin the bullpen already is. I certainly hope that is not the plan.

Yes we can “get by” against the struggling Braves using Tate and Akin in high leverage situations. But that odds of using such mid relievers against good opponents (who can hit) is not very likely.

21 minutes ago, Cuellar35 said:

Bradish better pitch tomorrow night.  I drove up here from Atlanta and am eager to see that matchup vs  Ranger Suarez

You will see a good pitcher no matter what. We have the #3 pitching staff in MLB and guys are pitching well from top to bottom of the rotation. 

40 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

So if they don’t give them the extra day, GRod and Bradish will start vs NY…Irvin starts the other game.

Suarez or Povich could go to the pen 

I really hope Irvin and Povich don’t pitch in the Yankee series. 

2 minutes ago, dystopia said:

I really hope Irvin and Povich don’t pitch in the Yankee series. 

Yeah, I kind of hate this. If they follow the rotation it would now be Suarez-Povich-Irvin for NYY. They could skip one of them and get Bradish for game 3. 

Just now, Aristotelian said:

Yeah, I kind of hate this. If they follow the rotation it would now be Suarez-Povich-Irvin for NYY. They could skip one of them and get Bradish for game 3. 

GRod and Bradish can start vs NY