Felix Bautista 2024 (Monitoring his injury rehab)

17 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

If this were the first day of Spring Training would you think that he would be ready for Opening Day?  Not just you, to anyone.  Two months is a long time if he's already doing this much.  

The team answer is always going to be that he's out, until he's not.  

Nobody is reporting to ST at this stage of a throwing progression with the intent to make the OD roster. If he gets back to the ML roster in the regular season, which I am rooting for, I'll be very pleasantly surprised.

2 hours ago, jabba72 said:

I dont want him back until he's 100% recovered. No thanks. Not even playing that game.

That goes without saying.  But normal recovery is 12-18 months, averaging 15 but with that level of variance.   12 months for Felix is late September.  I don’t expect to see him this year, and I’m 100% sure the O’s won’t send him into a major league game unless they are highly confident he’s fully recovered.  But, I can’t completely rule out that we’ll see him very late in the year.  

39 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Bautista going to start throwing off the mound next week, but Elias continues to state he won't be back in game action until 2025.

I mean that’s what he should be saying and then in the playoffs we hear that whistle when we think we’re subject to another Kimbrel blown save. 

2 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Bautista going to start throwing off the mound next week, but Elias continues to state he won't be back in game action until 2025.

Actually his exact words, according to Roch's MASN post, are "We're ruling out October".

Games 6 and 7 of the World Series could be played on November 1 and November 2.

i"m just sayin'....

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HowAboutThat said:

Is a bullpen session throwing full strength? Or is it just throwing all your pitches at about 3/4 speed or something in between?

Probably not full speed.  Elias was clear this week that Bautista won’t pitch in the majors this year, so I really don’t care how hard he’s throwing.  Just get through the rehab healthy.  

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Probably not full speed.  Elias was clear this week that Bautista won’t pitch in the majors this year, so I really don’t care how hard he’s throwing.  Just get through the rehab healthy.  

Getting Bautista back should be like a major FA signing.