Monday, May 20: Orioles at Cardinals

SteveA

Just now, Jagwar said:

What's more annoying. Two SBs without a throw or players glitching in front of the green screen?

Green screen for sure. Makes me not want to even watch the game.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Something is going on where they know the pitch is going to the plate.

Yeah, Kremer not paying attention to the runner. 

Edited by emmett16

2 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Kremer wont make 5 tonight...

I'm starting to think that too, but escaping so far with only 1 run damage, I'm hopeful he can put together a really good quick inning or 2 to get there. 

I am trying to follow this on Gameday.  (I originally tried to follow it on MLB,TV, but they gave me the St. Louis radio broadcast - in Spanish.

So Gameday told me that with two out and a runner on second, Kremer got two strikes on Siani.  The next pitch was a ball and the next pitch was a swinging strike.

Then there was a ball, making the count 2-3 (!) and then Siani singled to drive home the run.

Can someone tell me why Siani was not out on strike three?

20 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I remember Brian Cox. He played Linebacker for the Bears and Dolphins.

I remember Mike Siani.   He played wide receiver for the Baltimore Colts in the late 70s.

I don't think it's the same guy that is starting for the Cardinals tonight though.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• It would be great to see Stroman join his fellow starters Cole, Gil and Rodon in the "One bad start or there a problem here?" club.  The NYYs' in the last week is 7.50 (29th in MLB). For June, it's 5.27 (28th in MLB). I wonder, among other things, whether looking at that pitching staff and at the bottom five in the NYYs' batting order will have an impact on Soto's decision about where to spend the rest of his career. 
    • Have not been thrilled with Hays this year, but to be fair he has dealt with a lot of injuries and illnesses. That even said, trading a RH OF bat when we are already very short on them to begin with, including in the minors? Yep makes total sense. 🤦‍♂️
    • This is a possibility. The Orioles don't lack in outfield depth and Mullins has rebounded securing his role as the starting CF. Also Hays' defense has dropped off and the value he used to provide defensively is now largely gone. Plus Cowser even if he isn't hitting recently has been a plus defender in the outfield. I don't see anything happening with Hays this season. The value returned in trading him isn't worth not having him as a backup option for LF/RF.
    • He's hit the top of some walls this year so I think there's been a little bad luck.  If he had around 14 HRs we wouldn't think anything of it.  I share yours, and his, frustration though.  I thought that first ball was a HR last night.  The double that McCann couldn't score on a couple games ago looked like a HR off the bat, too.  Seems to me like he's hitting a lot of ground balls, too. I love the guy, and I know offense is down and his deeper stats look good, but I feel like his .786 OPS is disappointing.  Good/great team guy and defensive 1B?  Yes.  Lots of HHBs?  Yes.  So, I guess we can ignore some of his more traditional stats but I also feel like we're saying that every year and this is his age 27 season.  Maybe he'll hit two bombs tonight, get his OPS to .820 and we can laugh about this tomorrow.
    • I’ll do you one better. Let’s say that a contending team is open to the very rare contender to contender trade with the Orioles. When they look at the O’s organization and all the talent that exists in it, why would they be willing to settle on acquiring two of our worst players and then give up anything that does not equate to some of their worst? Especially SEA or any AL contender who have designs on defeating us in the Fall? Austin Hays nor Urias are difference making players in any way. That is all we can reasonably expect to get back for either or both. Players who won’t make much of a difference/move the needle. Which really equates to a lateral move and not an upgrade IMO.
    • Perhaps, but our team’s decisions are influenced by a nerd (Sig) that takes a similar approach to projections.  He uses a proprietary projection algorithm as opposed to publicly-available projections, but it’s the same general concept. Even if you don’t think they are predictive, the projections are useful for understanding how Sig might approach the market, as different projection model tend to be more similar to each other than to ERA or FIP.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now