Giveaway Contest: Orioles baseball cards past, present and future. Deadline to enter is Sun May 26 11:59pm EST

11 hours ago, Orioles West said:

That’s true. Uncontrollable drooling does not sound great. But — I’m still in.

No drooling required but I’ve come across a few foaming at the mouth rabid dogs in here at times. Haha. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Philip said:

“ORIOLES MAGIC”

(But not the song.)

why not make several sets?

Not a bad idea. I just kept it simple this time to see how it goes. 

Perhaps if we have reason to really celebrate come Oct/Nov I’ll consider some other options like that. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Pitching injuries are happening to a crazy degree all over the sport. We still have our #1 starter who is the best starter that we have had in decades and a very talented #2/3. All is not lost.
    • Just another argument for roboumps
    • There will be FAs (none admittedly as good as Burnes) that we can sign. We have a ridiculously low payroll and aren't paying anyone.  We are not going to maintain excellence long term by only using the draft and trades to meaningfully add talent. We are going to have to use the free agent market (wisely) too.
    • Bigger game for them than it is for us imo. We already won a home series against them, they need to answer back in NY. Going to be pretty deflating for them if they drop the series after winning game one, especially after their series vs LA and Boston recently.
    • That's a good proposition IMO. Will STL sell? They kind of half sold last year and they are actually a bit better this year (2nd place currently around .500).
    • I tend to think sometimes certain pitchers looks more presentable to an umpire. Last night both teams had more than 5 pitchers enter the game and we never got the calls the Yankees were getting. The catcher framing stuff does not make sense because the umpire is supposed to make the call where it crossed the plate. Jose Trevino is a “great” framer but that’s just because last night umpire was horrible.
    • As am sure that you are well aware, we are tied for the least amount of losses in all of MLB (3rd best record due to game played). IMO this is the COMPLETELY wrong way to approach things. We are 1 to 2 pieces away from being the best team hands down in all of baseball and are VERY LEGIT World Series contenders. We should approach every season with this kind of record and superstar talent the SAME.... You try to win the World Series! Unlike some, I do not take for granted these kind of chances/opportunities. Because I know that they won't be here forever.  What is the alternative to adding in a meaningful way? Waiting until next year, when the same injury rash could happen, Burnes could be gone, and Gunnar and Adley are that much closer to free agency? Is that the plan? There is no guarantee that ANY future season will be any better than this one. We are not "saving" or salvaging anything. I'm not even sure how that applies to a team this good? NO! What we are doing is trying to start a run of chasing championships.
  • Popular Contributors