Well, That Sucked

I don't know how it affected the team. Having the pressure on you at all times because people keep talking about the streak. Maybe now they can just loosen up and play baseball.

7 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I’d rather win games in each series and hear about the streak rather than look like they did against the Cardinals and have some silver lining about not having to hear about the streak. But to each their own. 

Didn't say I preferred it.

Just now, Malike said:

I don't know how it affected the team. Having the pressure on you at all times because people keep talking about the streak. Maybe now they can just loosen up and play baseball.

Yes there is no doubt being asked about this all the time puts some kind of pressure.  The best cure for being swept in a 3 game road trip is getting to play the 2024 Chicago White Sox.

11 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Came into today in AL -rankings 

7th - BA

1st- SLG

13th- OBP

1st- RPG

I like this lineup and think they will hit. That said I think it will be hard to maintain the offense with that kind of OBP.

Yeah their OBP is now .298. Only CHW, OAK, CIN, and MIA are lower. Not the company you want to be in and not conducive to success.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

The OBP is a big problem. I thought they’d be better than that especially on the heels of last year. It’s one of the most disappointing aspects of the season for me. 

Baseball Reference doesn't have this game stats yet.  

So coming into today we had a .301 OBP, good for 26th in the league (League avg is .312)

Last year we had .321 OBP good for 15th in the league (League avg was .320).

This year w/ RISP we have a .777 OPS (.319 OBP), (League avg. is 333 OBP)

Last year w/ RISP we had a 837 OPS (OBP .356), (League avg OBP .320)

Edited by O's84
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

The OBP is a big problem. I thought they’d be better than that especially on the heels of last year. It’s one of the most disappointing aspects of the season for me. 

Especially since it seems it is something they stress pretty heavily in the minors.

20 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Adley having 10 walks in 48 games is shocking to me. That's four fewer than Salvy Perez, who's famous for not walking. Life is just too easy for a pitcher against the Orioles right now. 

29 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Came into today in AL -rankings 

7th - BA

1st- SLG

13th- OBP

1st- RPG

I like this lineup and think they will hit. That said I think it will be hard to maintain the offense with that kind of OBP.

Since April 21st

22nd in Runs 

23rd in BA

27th in OBP

7th in Slugging by some miracle 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Oriole4Life said:

How many errors does Gunnar have this season? I want to say a fair amount. Didn't see the game, but appears he had a critical one in that sixth inning.

The damn delays the last two games didn't help.

The delays hurt the O's starting pitchers.

1 minute ago, oriolediehard said:

The delays hurt the O's starting pitchers.

St Louis didn't have much trouble putting wins together. I'm not trying to be ignorant but this is a team that most believes to be a WS contender. 4 starters today came in hitting below .211. At some point guys with a track record needs to wake up, and in the meantime it would be nice to limit having Hays, Mullins and Santander in the lineup together. There's really no reason for Santander to be in the top of the lineup right now.

3 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

St Louis didn't have much trouble putting wins together. I'm not trying to be ignorant but this is a team that most believes to be a WS contender. 4 starters today came in hitting below .211. At some point guys with a track record needs to wake up, and in the meantime it would be nice to limit having Hays, Mullins and Santander in the lineup together. There's really no reason for Santander to be in the top of the lineup right now.

We need to hold Hyde accountable.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, O's84 said:

Been pretty brutal watching the offense lately.  Hopefully the bats wake up in the Windy City. 

So many players getting regular at bats can’t hit right now and/or have been bad for a long time.

Mayo injury notwithstanding, this team has too much young offensive talent to continue to watch guys be helpless up there.

• Upvote 1