Thursday, May 23: Orioles at White Sox

SteveA

20 minutes ago, Beysbol said:

So, is it the hitting coaches telling them to just swing at everything? I just don’t understand. Last year they were working the count and getting walks. I’m just confused. 

Also, we aren't walking that much less than last season, from what I read in that thread.  {{{shrug}}}

Just now, gallden said:

If you go down a Twitter rabbit hole…(I know) Grayson is going to be injured again at some point because of how late his arm is…

Yeah I mean he may be injured right now… but that’s about prediction of injury based on release point or something?  I had heard that change in release point over the course of innings pitched predicted injury.

7 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Savant says he is going the other way about the same amount that he did last year. 

He’s in the conversation for MVP so far this year.  Whatever he’s doing is working.  

Just now, Emory Eagle said:

Yeah I mean he may be injured right now… but that’s about prediction of injury based on release point or something?  I had heard that change in release point over the course of innings pitched predicted injury.

Doubt it.  They wouldn't risk it and all pitches seem to have the same velocity.  Command can just be because of rust. 

Just now, allquixotic said:

Clevinger: 24 pitches and no baserunners through 2 IP.

Grayson: 30 pitches with a walked-in run through 1 IP.

There's a new worst team in baseball in town, and it isn't the White Sox...

We're obviously not the worst team but I think they need some sort of shake up on offense.

4 minutes ago, Malike said:

I noticed it before, which I thought was due to the injury and when he came back it was still there. I have no idea, but he was billed as a fastball pitcher and last year the run value on it was -11. He's a changeup guy, that's the only good pitch he has.

his fastball command pre-demotion was awful and he was -11 in fastball run value before his demotion.  After he was recalled it was +2.

4 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

This umpire must be a White Sox fan. So inconsistent between the teams.

Is he one of those guys who expects the pitcher to earn close calls in their favor?