05/24 Roster Moves: Kremer to 15 Day IL and Heasley Optioned. Vespi and Tate Recalled.

• OsFanSinceThe80s changed the title to 05/24 Roster Moves: Kremer to 15 Day IL and Heasley Optioned. Vespi and Tate Recalled.
1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Vespi isn't a solution but I guess we gotta work with what we've got.

I'm confident that Vespi will at least be better than Heasley.

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Hope that it's not serious with Kremer.  

I don't know how many teams are willing to trade right now, but I want to see Elias get a bullpen arm. It doesn't need to be Andrew Miller 2014 just a pitcher better than the likes of Vespi and Tate.

If an elite reliever is available I won't pass on it, but that might have to wait until July.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Hope that it's not serious with Kremer.  

You seem to be a big Vespi hater. I'd have thought he'd be more in the "cromulent" category for you. 

1 minute ago, Spy Fox said:

You seem to be a big Vespi hater. I'd have thought he'd be more in the "cromulent" category for you. 

He is what he is.  Had he been cromulent, he'd have been up to stay at some point instead of a shuttle guy.

Not sure how much better Vespi and Tate will be over Heasley but at least they are fresh arms.

I guess Suarez starts tomorrow in place of Kermer and Irvin goes on Monday in place of Means. So much for the 6 man rotation.

This explains why Kremer was bad in his last start. Hope its a short term thing for him.

I noted this in the Kremer thread but worth putting here as well:

Povich is scheduled to start for Norfolk tomorrow. Same day as Dean's scheduled start. That plus the fact that Suarez makes the most sense of anyone for the long relief role, and I'm guessing we see the Cade callup. 

Hope Dean heals soon. I don't get why you wouldn't just release horrible  Heasley. He's horrendous. And why bring up two relievers? I would have brought back Tate and called up Povich.

2 minutes ago, gtman55 said:

Hope Dean heals soon. I don't get why you wouldn't just release horrible  Heasley. He's horrendous. And why bring up two relievers? I would have brought back Tate and called up Povich.

No need to release a guy who has options. Somebody has to pitch the innings at AAA (where Heasley has been excellent).

They may call up Povich to pitch tomorrow in which case Vespi will be right back down. 

Kremer and Means down in the last three days. Wells still down. Holding our breath with Bradish. No real closer. Mullins, Hays, Santander all struggling. This just might not be the year. Will be interesting to see if Elias is ready to really dip into the farm system to keep the wheels from falling off of this thing if it really starts going downhill.