How many games will the O’s win during the 30 games in 31 days gauntlet?

Frobby

How many hames will the Orioles win from May 31-June 30?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. How many games will the Orioles win from May 31 - June 30?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/31/24 at 22:45

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

The Astros are disappointing and we should take at least 2 from them.  Cleveland seems to give us fits though.

I worry about little let down Friday night after big series.  The good thing is with Burnes pitching we might not need much offense long as we are not flat on defense.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

I worry about little let down Friday night after big series.  The good thing is with Burnes pitching we might not need much offense long as we are not flat on defense.

I think they'll play as hard as ever because this weekend could be a nice swing in the standings, I'm sure they know the Yankees play the Braves.

15 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Grayson pitching Friday vs a kid just promoted from AA

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's going to be either 18-12 or 19-11, so the people that voted 18-19, are the winners.   That was the most popular choice.

And the Orioles have clinched being in first place at the end of the June Death March!

And they have hit at least one  HR in every June game except last Monday vs Cle.  (They also didn't hit one in the May 31 game that was the start of this 30 game in 31 day stretch).

The O's went 18-12 during the 31-day gauntlet, which is one more win than I predicted, but consistent with the most popular predictions in the poll.   Personally, I'm very pleased with that outcome, even though the five-game losing streak kept it from being even better.   On to July, when the team has three off-days in addition to the four-day all-star break, though they do play a doubleheader on July 29.  It will be helpful to our pitchers to get some off days this month.

• Upvote 2

I've never been more excited about an off-day. I am imagining everyone's stamina bars refilling. 

Some of these guys look absolutely gassed. Westburg has been making uncharacteristic errors, Henderson with the golden sombrero, etc. 

And obviously the pitching is on vapors right now. 

10 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I believe we also started that gauntlet stretch with Bradish and a 6 man rotation.  So the plan was in place to back off the SP innings a little bit.  I wonder if we see that with Kremer coming.  The 6 man rotation.  

They won’t use it going into the all star break.  As it stands now Burnes and GRod are scheduled last two games of Yankees series.  We have 12 games left keeping 5 man lets Burnes and GRod get 6 of those 12 starts.  

13 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I believe we also started that gauntlet stretch with Bradish and a 6 man rotation.  So the plan was in place to back off the SP innings a little bit.  I wonder if we see that with Kremer coming.  The 6 man rotation.  

Because all of the five they already have are doing so well? I like Irvin, but he seems like the odd man out after three or four ho-hum starts. Even Suarez looked shaky before his last start. Kremer will be a nice addition, but I still see him as a 4/5 in the rotation. I think Povich stays, but his stuff isn't overpowering and he has to command his offerings to have success much like Irvin who isn't right now.

Irvin can go back to the pen as long guy, but if they are really serious about contending for a WS it's vital to upgrade the rotation. McDermott may have better stuff than Povich, but not the command and is there really anyone else down there who would be impactful?