The 2024 Trade Deadline

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

No but you can tell a lot from a years worth of at bats and while he spiked back up for a little while, that’s gone.

TeaMs are desperate for offense.  He would easily be dealt. We won’t get much for him but you could trade him.

So Hays isn't hitting but teams desperate for offense will want him? That doesn't really add up. We'll see in a few days. 

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Holland was nasty...I don't remember Herrera.  But it was Wade Davis.  

I think they tried him as a starter before and when he went to the bullpen he was about as good as anyone in the game for a 3 or 4 year stretch.  

Herrera was their flame thrower.

3 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

So Hays isn't hitting but teams desperate for offense will want him? That doesn't really add up. We'll see in a few days. 

Hays has a 100 wRC+. About average and has been good vs lefties.  He overall doesn’t help us or provide a need for us. 

He would be one of the best offensive players for Seattle.

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

They all threw hard.  I do remember Herrera now, I just looked him up.

image.png.37be796e5a07ad354387652623b136e2.png

I'd like to have three guys in our pen like that.  Game over.

I think he was the 7th inning guy.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Hays has a 100 wRC+. About average and has been good vs lefties.  He overall doesn’t help us or provide a need for us. 

He would be one of the best offensive players for Seattle.

Yep, Seattle's offense is that bad.

19 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I couldn't remember any of their names, but I just remember that one big corn-fed looking reliever they had that would just come in and shove.  Can't remember that dudes name either but that Royals bullpen was duck ****y tight.  

EDIT:  It just came to me.  Wade Davis.  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgUwGdlpP8sOtN5vbdLlD

49 minutes ago, casadeozo said:

Who cares about a homegrown lineup? Would adding Luis Robert improve the team? Of course! Will Getz have a reasonable expectation of his value? Of course not!

To me it’s a moot conversation as there is no way Elias overpays for a position player when we have such dramatic pitching needs.

Lots of people care about the homegrown lineup.  Notice how the offense is struggling and there's so many trades thrown around on here but never for offense.  

Edited by sportsfan8703

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Lots of people care about the homegrown lineup.  Notice how the offense is struggling and there's so many trades thrown around on here but never for offense.  

Yeah because people here understand that it's a slump and slumps happen, unfortunately.  

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Yeah because people here understand that it's a slump and slumps happen, unfortunately.  

This isn't my first 162 game rodeo.  But it's more than a slump.  It's reality.  Mullins has been at this level since this time last year.  Mounty, O'Hearn, and Cowser, all have pretty bad numbers since May-ish.  That's 40-50% of our lineup.  

35 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

They all threw hard.  I do remember Herrera now, I just looked him up.

image.png.37be796e5a07ad354387652623b136e2.png

I'd like to have three guys in our pen like that.  Game over.

I haven’t checked the stats but Brach, O’Day, Britton was about that good. 

10 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

This isn't my first 162 game rodeo.  But it's more than a slump.  It's reality.  Mullins has been at this level since this time last year.  Mounty, O'Hearn, and Cowser, all have pretty bad numbers since May-ish.  That's 40-50% of our lineup.  

Do you want to address why Luis Robert is a bad idea or no?

9 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

O'Hearn?? Since May 1st he has a 120 wRC+. Since June 1st he has a 140 wRC+