The 2024 Trade Deadline

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

How many years has he been in charge?

How many pitchers has he drafted and developed?

Yes, Burnes was a great move, but more could have been done increase depth.

It's not as if the O's are the only team with pitchers getting hurt.

The idea that he is without fault is ridiculous.

The injurie are not his fault. Your asking him to predict the future of a pitcher.

His name is on the door, he gets the credit and the blame.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I don't hate him but without fault is a ridiculous take.

Nobody is without fault, this thread keeps getting updated so fast I keep thinking moves are being made and it's all Elias shade.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

How many years has he been in charge?

How many pitchers has he drafted and developed?

Yes, Burnes was a great move, but more could have been done increase depth.

It's not as if the O's are the only team with pitchers getting hurt.

The idea that he is without fault is ridiculous.

Blame for what? I'm not seeing the problem. Yes, the pitching is Elias's responsibility. We have a 97% chance of making the playoffs, we got Eflin, and may get more by 6pm. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Backup outfielder is a little less important than pitcher who starts every fifth game.

If he sucks, they cut him or move him to the pen, and they never look back since he was little more than a throw-in meant to possibly eat some of the innings vacated by the outgoing player (Snell). His track record shows that this is well within his capabilities, so he's a sensible inclusion for them as a deal sweetener.

I'm really not sure why you are so hung up on this.

I’m still not convinced that the Giants aren’t merely posturing they have a 10.7% chance to make the postseason. If they can trade Snell for players that will help the team over the next few years a deal can be worked out.

The asking price to get the Giants to agree on dealing Snell is probably too high for Elias. 

You have to ask, where is the path to playing time for these prospects,

Wagner - He’s behind Gunnar, Westburg, Holliday, Mayo, and Norby. He’s had a lost year sort of though. 

Fabian - at best he’s a RH platoon partner for EBJ, but we just drafted RH Honeycutt. 

Beavers - he’s behind Cowser, Kjerstad, and Stowers. Plus the CF of EBJ, Fabian, and Honeycutt.

So these are nice prospects, but they should go in a deal for a MLB piece right now if necessary. 

Then pick one of Povich, DeLeon, and McDermott, to accompany 2/3 of the players mentioned above. That probably gets you to Tyler Anderson. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Yes.

I want more pitching depth than Povich.

I want pitchers selected in the draft instead of yet another left handed college outfielder.

We agree 100% on this and I made that point in another post. The pasIng on Cam Caminiti (who was taken the very next pick) was head scratching. 

Edited by E-D-D-I-E

4 minutes ago, Malike said:

Nobody is without fault, this thread keeps getting updated so fast I keep thinking moves are being made and it's all Elias shade.

How I feel.  Bout to just check in when I get to the ballpark to see if any trades were made at this rate.  

4 minutes ago, E-D-D-I-E said:

The injurie are not his fault. Your asking him to predict the future of a pitcher.

He knew in the off-season about Means and Bradish. Neither were available in the spring. If he did t anticipate they wouldn’t be pitching, that’s poor planning. Also why it’s important to not put all your eggs in one basket. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, E-D-D-I-E said:

Yea, I'm expecting him to predict that his pitchers won't all stay healthy.

You know the pitchers that include the guy that got injured in the off-season, the guy that has never stayed healthy and the guy that had issues after coming back from TJ surgery.

I don't think that it's that big an ask.

Hey, I'm going to predict that the stock market will go up within the next decade.

• Upvote 1

I'm ready to just go for it, package Mayo and others and go get Skubal. Our rotation would be so nasty. If guys stayed healthy, we'd have a legit shot at the WS. 

Edited by MDK02