The 2024 Trade Deadline

3 minutes ago, interloper said:

It feels like we're done, right? 

But then again, as of this morning we were technically still looking for SP, RP, and RH OF. 

It's hard to imagine trading more pieces, especially any that qualify as depth. I'm going to assume we're done and be pleasantly surprised if we're not. 

I think Elias is still going to get another bullpen arm. 

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

Pillar and Ward still a possibility as RH OF. 

It feels pretty necessary to grab an OF with Hays, Stowers, and Norby unavailable for COF duty. 

I mean if Kjerstad busts an ankle tonight, who is replacing him on the 26-man exactly? 

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

It feels like we're done, right? 

But then again, as of this morning we were technically still looking for SP, RP, and RH OF. 

It's hard to imagine trading more pieces, especially any that qualify as depth. I'm going to assume we're done and be pleasantly surprised if we're not. 

I don't know about done, but Stowers and Norby were our two biggest chips I thought Elias might expend, and they are now gone. As much as Elias has pivoted to trade from our top 5-10, he still hasn't shown any willingness to go all in with Mayo level guys, and in the long run that is a good thing. 

Just now, interloper said:

It feels pretty necessary to grab an OF with Hays, Stowers, and Norby unavailable for COF duty. 

I mean if Kjerstad busts an ankle tonight, who is replacing him on the 26-man exactly? 

I think it would be a horrible mistake to count on Kjerstad to play a solid LF

Just now, interloper said:

Daniel Johnson? 

3 minutes ago, interloper said:

Ward fits and he’s not a rental. 

Just now, Aristotelian said:

Daniel Johnson? 

I guess? Vavra played LF a bunch for us a few years ago. 

I mean we really took a hammer to our COF depth. Which is fine, but probably going to need to grab someone.