Sunday 6/2/2024 - Os vs Tampa Bay Rays

justD

1 minute ago, Philip said:

Next time I complain about Hyde’s bullpen usage, and someone (cough cough @Malike) says, “that’s just your opinion, man” I’m going to respectfully remind of this game…

or maybe not respectfully… depend on whether I’ve had my coffee that morning.

Add in some insights on the play by play announcers while you’re at it too. 

4 minutes ago, accinfo said:

They aren’t losing this game because Vieira is on this roster.   

That’s arguable. Hyde was reluctant to pull Tate because he didn’t want to use another reliever, so it’s quite possible that having a useless guy like Thyago influenced him to leave Tate in even though he had lost it.

Hyde knows how bad Vieira is.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• The pitcher …the guys here are overvaluing prospects. Id honestly trade quite a lot if it got us a ring.
    • Yeah, also interested to hear some thoughts on the draft from people!
    • Bradish was shut down and then did a full rehab before he started pitching again. Anyway go ahead and believe what you are going to believe, I'm not going to try and convince you, but there are some facts you are leaving out.
    • And how many of those teams rotations would you trade for the one that we have currently? In just about any/every projected playoff matchup save for the Guardians and maybe the Twins, the other team has the matchup advantage in the series. IMO those are long odds when trying to be successful in multiple rounds of the playoffs in October. Maybe you are comfortable with that? I am not.
    • I doubt Elias would be much moved to act a week before the deadline when asks by Sellers still skew high but I guess it is worth noting the Orioles play their Marlins series July 23-25. Who Tanner Scott and AJ Puk and Burch Smith and Vinny Nittoli play for in any given 3-game series probably doesn't make a game of difference, and the division probably won't come down to 1 game.  
    • Remember Bradish pitched for 3 months with a torn UCL.  And pitched well.  Until he couldn't.  Just because a tear happens doesn't mean it will curtail you right away.   I saw FB's face and body language during that game.  Something was off.    I can speak of this from personal experience.  I have a torn UCL and a bone chip the size of a quarter in my right elbow, and have had it for years.  Back from when I first got it looked at 20 years ago.   I just lived with the pain.  Sometimes up to 8 tylenol a day.   It always hurts and it wasn't until I was bowling one specific shot a few years ago and it completely blew out that I had to go to a orthopedist for it.   I just rested it for 3 months and have done nothing overhand as far as sports and working out since.  Anytime I throw overhand?  It kills. No way I could throw a baseball 80 times a game.  My arm would probably fall off.    The elbow really controls your overhand throws.  Underhand and side arm is not nearly as bad. 
    • How many teams won the trade deadline with a big time acquisitions and then won the championship.   2023 Rangers traded for rental Montgomery a solid mid rotation guy and rental Chapman nice bullpen piece. 2022 Astros traded for Trey Mancini 2021 Braves traded for Solor, Rosario, and Duvall.   2020 Covid year with weird deadline 2019 Nats traded for Daniel Hudson and Roenilis Ellis  2018 Red Sox traded for Andrew Cashner  2017 Astros traded for Justin Verlander which was a great pickup and changed there team when he bounced back but the trade itself was for very little in terms of prospects and more salary dump for rebuilding Tigers.    2016 Cubs trade for Chapman and Mike Montgomery.   2015 Royals traded for Johnny Cueto a veteran rental starter coming off all star season but pitched to a 4.86 ERA for Royals .  Also traded for Ben Zobrist.   2014 Giants traded for Jake Peavy as a rental.  
  • Popular Contributors