Povich headed to Toronto

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

Rather this than a bullpen game or Teheran. This is the right call IMO, even if he struggled in his last start. 

He has struggled for the past month. Hopefully he can grind out 4 innings, keep us in the game and the bats give him some support.

1 minute ago, DirtyBird said:

He has struggled for the past month. Hopefully he can grind out 4 innings, keep us in the game and the bats give him some support.

He also has some pretty pronounced reverse splits, which is odd. .733 OPS vs LHB. 

2 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

I don’t think I would use the word struggle.  His last start was awful which skews the stats. He had another poorish starts but the other 4 were anywhere from good to very good.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I don’t think I would use the word struggle.  His last start was awful which skews the stats. He had another poorish starts but the other 4 were anywhere from good to very good.

6IP 1ER, 5H, 4BB
5IP 3ER, 6H, 2BB
4.1 IP 3ER, 8H, 1BB
6IP 1ER,4H, 0BB
6IP 3ER, 5H, 2BB
3IP 6ER, 4H, 2BB

1 minute ago, DirtyBird said:

6IP 1ER, 5H, 4BB
5IP 3ER, 6H, 2BB
4.1 IP 3ER, 8H, 1BB
6IP 1ER,4H, 0BB
6IP 3ER, 5H, 2BB
3IP 6ER, 4H, 2BB

You left off the Ks

3 QS, 1 ok start, 1 poorish start and 1 awful start…which is what I said. 

• Upvote 1

clap clap clap clap clap

Povich's clunker last time was a dud, but I believe Elias doesn't care much about that kind of day-to-day with his bigger pieces.  

Cade Povich and Jackson Holliday's sample size is their whole career.    

2 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

clap clap clap clap clap

Povich's clunker last time was a dud, but I believe Elias doesn't care much about that kind of day-to-day with his bigger pieces.  

Cade Povich and Jackson Holliday's sample size is their whole career.    

Here's to hoping Povich gives up as many hits in his MLB debut as Holliday has in MLB!

• Haha 2

Reminder that Szymborski in chat a couple weeks back mentioned the high offense Internatlonal League and tepid so far MLB of 2024 just about makes a pitcher's raw AAA stats and translated MLB stats the same.

He's 24.1 years old, hand picked by this regime, and been the best pitcher in his league for two months.     There ought to be hope here he can outplay Suarez or Irvin when Kremer returns the same as there is hope Norby can outplay Urias when Mateo returns.

• Upvote 2