Friday 6/7 @ Tampa Bay

86this

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Anyone missing pop culture references right now? Anyone missing that sardonic tone?  Anyone missing story time during late and close games? 

I'm far from the biggest KB hater but I have not missed him once in these last couple weeks.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Gunnar is going to have a hard time being the starter for the All Star game. Witt is having an objectively better season with a shiny .317 batting average.   Gonna be like the days of ARod, Jeter, and Nomar

And KC likes to vote their entire team to an All-Star Game.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/w/wittbo02.shtml

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/h/hendegu01.shtml

One of these IS objectively better than the other year to date.  But the opposite way of what you said. 

FWAR favors Witt.  Savant favors Witt. https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/bobby-witt-jr-677951?stats=statcast-r-hitting-mlb   But I admit it’s close.  That batting average plus the steals though will be hard for Gunnar to get past.  Not that batting average is as important as other stats. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• None of them. Not a single one was good. And none were particularly good before they got here. IMO, it was not the right/proper approach to make a bunch of moves around the margins for this team (or even last year's team to be "honest"). We had real holes and needed real players that were actually good (i.e. like Tony's orginal example Erceg). Based on his last few seasons, it wasn't hard to predict that Kimbrel wouldn't be effective through the course of an entire season and into the post season. It wasn't hard to predict regression of Cano based on how his the last 3/4 months of his 23' went (adding that to that fact that he is a contact pitcher pitching in high levarage situations). It wasn't hard to predict that 22' was an outlier season for Perez and that largerly he is a mediocre reliever. And so on ... Obviously, there is no one single pitcher that can replace a Bautista (maybe Miller?). But Elias was very ineffective in building an effective bullpen for 2024. That's honest.
    • Wow! I guess it just seems that way. 
    • Gunnar and Mullins at 1-2 in some order and Westburg batting cleanup? AS at 3, OHearn at 5, Cowser 6 and Adley 7?
    • That team was              2024 7th RS                           2nd 9 BA                              3 5 K’s                             8 2 SLG                          1 101 OPS+                    118   Imagine that team playing in this park now? I know how bad they looked yesterday. Not denying that. 
    • We literally do not have any elite relievers. I trust Eflin more than anyone we have in the pen as long as he isn't struggling.
    • He is having a down second half so maybe 1/6th of his career. I do think this makes him harder to extend now. He will likely want to play better to get the best contract, but the closer he gets to free agency and if he bounces back, the number rises quickly.  For me the issue with Adley is on offense and a future in which he needs to DH or play first. Just not enough offensive capability at this point to justify that contract. I do love Adley and I also think he is hurt.
    • I feel like this lineup compares to 2016 in the sense that it's a home run or nothing. Otherwise, yes it's a different organization and we have a chance to be a playoff team for the better part of a decade. 
  • Popular Contributors