Bradish TJ-Season and 2025 over

connja

Is there something about the Orioles training program that is putting more stress on elbow?  Focus on spin rate, etc.  3 TJ's in the past month requires the consideration.

• Upvote 3

Events like this make me hope we start developing more and better pitching prospects.   Pitchers are so volatile, it makes sense to home-grow them.  I would be reluctant to give any pitcher a long-term deal.

Just now, connja said:

Is there something about the Orioles training program that is putting more stress on elbow?  Focus on spin rate, etc.  3 TJ's in the past month requires the consideration.

Probably.

But it's similar stuff to what other teams are doing.

Lot's of TJ surgeries recently.

• Upvote 1

We need to sign Burnes now, or at least someone close to his level -- and we need to trade for a starter, preferably this season. 

5 potential starters for next season are probably not enough the way injuries are now hitting the league.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, connja said:

My personal opinion is that we’re pushing the limits of the human body. Not like there’s too many innings but we have optimized pitching mechanics to the point where we are putting more strain on the elbow than it can handle. I’m not a Dr by any stretch of the imagination, just what it seems to me.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, connja said:

No, the Orioles were pretty lucky last year w/regard to pitching injuries. They all break, you can only hope that it's not all at once like Tampa last year or the O's this year.

• Upvote 1