Sunday 6/23 vs. Houston

elextrano8

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

They are trying to add a RH OF plus you have Mayo. I have no issue with Hays and Mateo playing. 

That would be ideal. They’re still slightly better against LHP’s than RHP’s on the season but that’s due to some unsustainable performances by Hays and Rutschman, and relying on Mateo to be at 140 and Henderson continuing with a 170 wRC+ against LHP’s. I don’t think anyone feels more confident with their lineup today than their normal lineup against RHP’s.

1 minute ago, LGOrioles said:

That would be ideal. They’re still slightly better against LHP’s than RHP’s on the season but that’s due to some unsustainable performances by Hays and Rutschman, and relying on Mateo to be at 140 and Henderson continuing with a 170 wRC+ against LHP’s. I don’t think anyone feels more confident with their lineup today than their normal lineup against RHP’s.

I do agree with you that it’s more of a concern than the stats would show. 

Get a RH OF so you can sit both Cowser and Mullins. I have no idea what Elias thinks but to me Mayo makes a ton of sense as a RH DH. 

Just now, eddie83 said:

I do agree with you that it’s more of a concern than the stats would show. 

Get a RH OF so you can sit both Cowser and Mullins. I have no idea what Elias thinks but to me Mayo makes a ton of sense as a RH DH. 

Agree on Mayo. Then get someone like Bader for CF. 

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I’m not concerned about the bats. Two good starters who threw well. 

I would generally agree.  But when you get to the playoffs, that's pretty much all you see - good pitchers.   You have to find a way to score runs against good pitchers if you want to be a contender and win in the post season.  Two games in a row where you can't score usually seals your fate in the post season,  especially if your pitchers can't keep the other team from scoring. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Love that we’re a few outs from a sweep and pinecone Kevin Brown is having a pity party for the Astros and their injuries and how good they possibly can be. 

He's trying to soften the blow for Orioles fans by saying that the other team is really good.

36 minutes ago, Philip said:

I think it is obvious that Ortiz IS a marquee prospect, and Mike considered him so. Westburg is clearly better, but Ortiz could probably start for anybody else, except maybe Texas or LA.

But again that indicates that it will take a marquee prospect and more to get anyone who will meaningfully fill one of our needs.

Ah, you're a hindsight is 20-20 type of fella, okay. It's hard to have a conversation with those types of people so I'll bow out. He fell off the top 100 list twice, but yeah, he was a marquee prospect.

21 minutes ago, Malike said:

Ah, you're a hindsight is 20-20 type of fella, okay. It's hard to have a conversation with those types of people so I'll bow out. He fell off the top 100 list twice, but yeah, he was a marquee prospect.

Meh. Ok.

I’m not hindsight. All I remember about Ortiz was that he was always mentioned as one of our top prospects or trade pieces. 

He was always one of our top prospects, and that in a loaded system. Our predictions were that he would hit well and be an outstanding defender. Falling off the top 100 doesn't necessarily mean you’re worse, just that other have slotted in front of you, and that’s ok. So yeah I’ll stand by that.

The Brewers are happy to have with the trade, even though Hall has done nothing

Edited by Philip