Poll - How often do you bet on the Orioles?

sportsfan8703

How often do you bet on the Orioles on a weekly basis?   

79 members have voted

1. 1. On a weekly basis? Private Poll. Nobody will see what you voted for.

• Never
    • 2-3
    • 4+
    • Usually every game

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

A lot of folks only track the wins.

I don't track my betting as I don't do it professionally.  Overall I am up but how much?  Who knows. Between the time I was 14 and started betting poker and horses until now?  

Doesn't really matter.  It is fun to me.

I am a day trader and do that for a living (have since I was a kid but as career for 18 years or so) and with that I can absolutely say how much I am up or down over the years.   It is right in my tax filings haha. 

I find gambling in general to be slimy and destructive. The most I've ever done is five minutes of nickle slots in Vegas and a long time ago a Friday poker night with some friends. After a few months I think I just said something like "hey, how about I just give you the $20 up front and then we can go do something fun instead?"

Sports gambling is in the lower echelons of what I described above. I'd rather practice self-dental surgery than place real money on a sporting event.

And, no, I don't care one little bit about whatever system or scheme you have to beat the odds and win long-term. Las Vegas is the most illogically placed city in the world, and it exists only because the house is guaranteed to win, and win big, in the overall scheme of things.

• Upvote 2

To add some insights…

I think this is why we see so many reactionary fans is because of gambling. Theres a moneyline and a run line. 80% of nights we have to win by more than 2 if you bet the run line.

So if Kimbrel or the back end of the pen let up a run late, and we only win by 1, that’s a loss for the gambler.  Gee, I wonder why so many people dislike Kimbrel.

So for people that don’t gamble… most nights this is what the odds look like,

Moneyline - last night you had to bet 2.5 dollars to win 1 dollar because we were such heavy favorites.  But we only had to win by one run. 

Run Line - You only had to bet 1.5 dollars to win 1 dollar. But you have to win by 2. People choose to bet us to win by 2 for better odds.

Long story short… those same gamblers that bet us last year, are risking much more money this year to try and win the same. So the losses are 2.5x what they were last year. So 2.5x more upset at Losses.