Tuesday 6/25 vs. Cleveland

86this

7 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

No way Irvin should have pitched to JRAm with 1st base open and two outs. 

NOT A DAMN REASON for Irvin to take his obvious craptastic stuff and pitch to JRam. None.

Dumb frickin' managing.

All weaknesses get exposed through attrition. 1) Pitching -  Os lose Bradish, Means. Wells, Bautista and Danny C.   That is a ton of pitching talent that has not been replaced. Need 2-3 more good pitchers to have a decent post season run.   2) Vets taking a step back - McCann, Mullins, Urias and Hays - 3 RHH former starters plus a former star/lineup catalyst in Mullins.  3) Hyde - great coach and development manager and earned the right to manage the 24 team but who knows if he can guide a team to a WS championship.  4) Elias - can he acquire difference maker talent at the deadline - has not done that to date. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jagwar said:

I still think that if Mateo had stretched for the throw instead of taking the throw at the bag it would have been an out. 

Those types of plays happen when teams are scuffling. Ball tailed into runner. Things going well ball gets there half a second earlier. 

20 years ago I thought we would be a contender. Our offense looked stacked, and I thought our pitching would be good enough. Our offense did well enough overall, but our starting pitching was bad outside of Rodrigo Lopez and Eric Bedard didn't have an awful season. The bullpen was bad and we finished under .500. 

We are a long way from those days. We are fielding a playoff team with a small payroll and these slumps sometimes get us overreacting. Be happy it isn't 20 years ago!

I trust that we will take a shot at a starter and a bullpen piece that will help. I think this losing streak will convince Elias to be active at the trade deadline.