Heston Kjerstad 2024

On 8/13/2024 at 5:49 PM, OriolesMagic83 said:

Maybe try to get Bader next year on a 1 year contract?

Maybe it’s time to quit sending all this supposed talent back to the minors and keep bringing in blockers?  The O’s play yo-yo more than any other team it appears.  They seem to give up too easily when someone goes 2 for 15 or something close to that.  Or are these prospects overrated ?  Mayo being the most recent example.

Edited by CharlieC

11 minutes ago, CharlieC said:

Maybe it’s time to quit sending all this supposed talent back to the minors and keep bringing in blockers?  The O’s play yo-yo more than any other team it appears.  They seem to give up too easily when someone goes 2 for 15 or something close to that.  Or are these prospects overrated ?  Mayo being the most recent example.

I don't think EBJ or Honeycutt will be ready to replace Mullins next season, so it makes sense to explore signing a bridge instead of going thru arbitration w/ Mullins 1 last time, where he will probably get $10 mill or more for a sub .700 OPS.

17 minutes ago, CharlieC said:

Yeah, what they're doing hasn't worked out at all. (Sarcasm)

Mayo was a temporary call up unless he went crazy with the bat. It didn't happen.  He's got an idea of the difference between AAA and MLB game speed, and an idea of where done of his adjustments will need to come from. 

Kjerstad hasn't appeared in a game since 7/29 as far as I can tell. He was supposed to start a rehab assignment but it hasn't happened yet. Unfortunately,  the limited knowledge that I have about concussions is that he got hit in one of the worst locations.  I just hope he's ok and can get back to playing baseball soon. 

On 8/13/2024 at 6:49 PM, OriolesMagic83 said:

Maybe try to get Bader next year on a 1 year contract?

Bader misses a lot of games and has had serious injury issues, although it seems he has been healthy and solid this year. It would depend on how he has changed his preparation to stay healthy and available. 

2 minutes ago, Jammer7 said:

Bader misses a lot of games and has had serious injury issues, although it seems he has been healthy and solid this year. It would depend on how he has changed his preparation to stay healthy and available. 

Looks like no way Fabian will be ready in 2025.  The options seems to be keep Mullins for 2025 or add a free agent.  I guess the O's could also put Cowser in CF, keep Santander in RF (with extension obviously) and Kjerstad in LF.  I don't think fans are going to like Kjerstad in LF.