Heston Kjerstad 2024

On 9/10/2024 at 10:14 PM, Keygans said:

Be awesome if he could replace Slater in like… a week.  

Then,  Urias for Soto… 

Kjerstad is back for Maton, who had no role, even on the bench. Slater is RH and backs up all the OF spots. 

Westburg move will be coin flip between Soto and Rivera. 

3 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

I question if Clay Holmes deliberately hit Kjerstad  in the head.  It helped the Yankees to climb ahead of the O's.  I know many of you are going to say the Yankees wouldn't do that!  We started losing more since that incident happened.  

Why wouldn’t they just try to hit Gunnar in the head?    If you want to sabotage a teams chances, why Kjerstad?    It makes no sense.   

1 minute ago, oriolediehard said:

I question if Clay Holmes deliberately hit Kjerstad  in the head.  It helped the Yankees to climb ahead of the O's.  I know many of you are going to say the Yankees wouldn't do that!  We started losing more since that incident happened.  

You can question whatever you like but teams aren't throwing at the heads of opposing players to gain an advantage.  I've literally never heard of that happening.

Also why target Kjerstad?  Did the Yankees have analytical data showing that Gunnar's head movements were too erratic to guarantee a hit?

1 minute ago, oriolediehard said:

I believe it was on purpose-- after Judge got hit on the hand and whined so much about it. Judge's hands are inches from the strike zone but he whined like a little -----. Then Henderson took one in the back but the yanks get  away with so much.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, zweem said:

I believe it was on purpose-- after Judge got hit on the hand and whined so much about it. Judge's hands are inches from the strike zone but he whined like a little -----. Then Henderson took one in the back but the yanks get  away with so much.

What would the benefit of hitting Kjerstad be? To do so in that spot in the game doesn’t make sense. The only way it makes sense is if their intention was to actually hurt Kjerstad, and there’s no way that’s the case.

Dont expect to see Kjerstad again until Wednesday. off day tomorrow, and Snell on Tuesday. That will be another no hitter watch type of game. 

We'll have Slater, Jimenez, Rivera, O'Hearn, Cowser/Mullins and probably McCann as 6 of our 9 vs one of the nastiest lefties in the game.