6/30 vs Texas Rangers

Morgan423

8 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Its vomit level attempts at pandering and they just sound stupid.  

Eduardo Perez, I assume does it by second nature with his father being from Cuba (Eduardo born in Cincinnati), but when gringos attempt it, yeah ...  it seems to be trying too hard. 

Edited by NashLumber

Just now, Yossarian said:

So Heany comes into this game with a 2-9 record, 4.10 ERA, 84 hits given up in 83 innings, and 82 Ks on the season.  Then he looks like Randy Johnson against the Os.  Is it this national stage that has these guys playing tight?

They were on Fox last night.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, schittenden said:

Anytime you pick a particular timeframe to make a point it is cherry picking, especially, if you’re talking about a “trend.” I’m guessing they won the last game in that twelfth series making it 6-6, right? What about the 13th series? Why’d you pick 11? Seems like a weird number. I’m guessing they lost the last game in the 11th series, or you might have stopped at 10 and that would have been 5-5. 

Please don't edit and support your argument after I have responded to you-that is BS.

I picked 11 because that is when I thought the trend started.  

That is the VERY definition of trend.

Edited by SemperFi

1 minute ago, Yossarian said:

So Heany comes into this game with a 2-9 record, 4.10 ERA, 84 hits given up in 83 innings, and 82 Ks on the season.  Then he looks like Randy Johnson against the Os.  Is it this national stage that has these guys playing tight?

Or maybe we are just having a bad game.

When we had the 5 game losing streak there were lots of people talking about how we could easily make it 10, or lose 3 or 4 of the next 5 and be in a tailspin.

As it turns out we are probably going to win 4 out of the next 5.

We are going to finsih the 30 game stretch with just one off day and many many games vs top teams with a 18-12 record, and in first place.

Let's not overreact to one bad game.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

Maybe the O's can ask to be put on FS1 in the first round.

23 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Over the last 3 years, Seattle has a 92 park factor, not 96.

And dimensions aren’t the only thing that makes a park.  I know things like facts and stats escape you but you just guessing and using your “knowledge” isn’t enough. Actual data matters too.

That’s why I said “aside from Seattle”. And your data showed Oakland to be more pitcher friendly than Camden. Congratulations.