This Just In - Cuts - Pauley clears waivers

o'sman458202233

Not sure about this. Earlier the O's DFA Moore. Then he was back in ST. And now back in the minors. How did that work?

Because when the team DFA Moore, NOBODY picked him up off of waivers, thus he was still the property of the Orioles, and the team invited him to ST. He does not have enough MiL service to be a MiL free agent.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think that is the case either. Trembley would want a guy that could play all 3 OF spots.

Point is AM has a crush on Pie and is giving him the job. If I was Lou then I would be extremely pissed.

Trembley has 2 guys who can play all 3 OF spots - Jones and Pie. He doesn't need a 3rd. If Freel wasn't here, Montanez would have a shot at the team, although I think that spot would go to a utility infielder who can be the primary backup at SS. We've already got enough OF even without Freel (Pie, Jones, Markakis, Scott).

Montanez isn't getting screwed. He simply doesn't deserve the chance before Pie and Reimold get theirs at this point.

If they do, it sounds like they'll have the chance at him b/c he's making it very difficult on the Orioles to keep him.

Just served up a cookie to Chris Duncan. 4-0, end of 3 innings.

Goodness, Bless his heart. He has no future with the O's I am afraid.

LOL..Good research...Did I mention Penn in the rotation in this thread? Did I mention in the post you quoted in THIS THREAD? No I didn't...So, I think it is you that needs to read better, not me.

Now, as far as Eaton vs Penn in the rotation...For the record and for this thread, I absolutely give Penn the rotation spot over Eaton. Eaton is terrible.

The idea that he may be able to go 1-2 innings more is a joke...At this point, neither pitcher is likely to go 4 or 5 innings...So yes, I give that spot to Penn over Eaton but as of right now, i feel Penn should be in the pen, not the rotation.

I read all threads. I don't have to post in EVERY thread to know what is being said by everybody.

For the record, I give Eaton the rotation spot because the bullpen can't afford to be hurt by Penn in April.

Your theory that Eaton can't go 4-5 IP is a joke. Hell he went 5 on Saturday after having a 4 run 3rdIP. Now if that was Penn, he wouldn't have bounced back and gotten to the 5th. At least Eaton knows his limitations and can eat some IP after getting knocked around early.

People can't seem to grasp this simple point.

How is batting .230+ with a .320+ SLG compared to .320+ and a .500+ SLG the same? Jones did that when he was 22 and Pie is 24. Pie is nowhere near Jones in terms of ability and upside and the sooner you grasp that, then maybe you'll see where the other side is coming from. Pie isn't even at Corey Patterson's level yet.

Jones was handed the CF job in ST and he went out and earned it even though it was already his. Pie has done nothing to show he deserves the LF job out of ST over Reimold and Montanez other than what he did in AAA in 2007.

Lou should be happy that he has a job because he is nothing more than a 4th OFer and he is likely the first offensive player brought up...No reason for him to cry.

Pie deserves to be there over him and its not even a real debate to say otherwise.

lol

No point arguing if you don't think it is a debate.

I read all threads. I don't have to post in EVERY thread to know what is being said by everybody.

For the record, I give Eaton the rotation spot because the bullpen can't afford to be hurt by Penn in April.

Your theory that Eaton can't go 4-5 IP is a joke. Hell he went 5 on Saturday after having a 4 run 3rdIP. Now if that was Penn, he wouldn't have bounced back and gotten to the 5th. At least Eaton knows his limitations and can eat some IP after getting knocked around early.

Eaton is a terrible pitcher..Sure, stuff can happen..he could go deeper into the game...So could Penn. You get lucky, things break right, you throw well...it happens.

But Eaton is terrible and has no business being here.

How is batting .230+ with a .320+ SLG compared to .320+ and a .500+ SLG the same? Jones did that when he was 22 and Pie is 24. Pie is nowhere near Jones in terms of ability and upside and the sooner you grasp that, then maybe you'll see where the other side is coming from. Pie isn't even at Corey Patterson's level yet.

Jones was handed the CF job in ST and he went out and earned it even though it was already his. Pie has done nothing to show he deserves the LF job out of ST over Reimold and Montanez other than what he did in AAA in 2007.

Wow...So, you totally ignore years and hundreds and hundreds of at bats showing that these 2, in the minors, at similar ages, are the same player? But hey, a few hundred SCATTERED at bats in the majors proves everything.

Unreal.

You are getting as bad as Old Fan in terms of what you pay attention to and how you try to discuss things.

He knows how to work with what he has on a given day. Sure his stuff might suck, but he's a veteran that can scuffle his way through innings. I don't believe Penn knows how to do this yet.
I don't believe either knows how to do that. Or that either changes things between innings. Some innings they get clobbered, others they get by. Neither have much talent at this point.

Trembley has 2 guys who can play all 3 OF spots - Jones and Pie. He doesn't need a 3rd. If Freel wasn't here, Montanez would have a shot at the team, although I think that spot would go to a utility infielder who can be the primary backup at SS. We've already got enough OF even without Freel (Pie, Jones, Markakis, Scott).

Montanez isn't getting screwed. He simply doesn't deserve the chance before Pie and Reimold get theirs at this point.

Hey, Markakis could play all 3 OF spots too. It isn't wise to move Jones or Markakis around when they play CF and RF so well.

Eaton is a terrible pitcher..Sure, stuff can happen..he could go deeper into the game...So could Penn. You get lucky, things break right, you throw well...it happens.

But Eaton is terrible and has no business being here.

I know you don't care, but did you know that Eaton had a 4.79 ERA in early July last year before getting hurt?

I think what AM really wants out of Eaton is 10+ starts to get us through May. Then he'll re-evaluate things.

Archived