All Star Game

SteveA

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

6 minutes ago, baltfan said:

It was interesting, but I highly doubt the Dodgers are making $186mm in other markets to watch.  What are they making the money off of in these other markets?  

I don't know the answer to that, but I do that Boras knows a hell of a lot more about these things than I ever will.

Edited by Malike

1 minute ago, Malike said:

I don't know the answer to that, but I do that Boras knows a hell of a lot more about these things that I ever will.

For sure, but merch and TV rights are owned by MLB, so I am struggling to see how it gets to that sort of number.  Also, if that number were true, other teams would have been bidding much higher.   Team doesn’t really affect that number. 

6 minutes ago, Malike said:

Boras was talking about Ohtani and how underpaid he actually is. He said if he were Ohtani's agent he would have not allowed him to sign that deal. He said he could have gotten him 1 billion. The Dodgers are apparently making about 186 million a year in other markets just to watch him play or something. Interesting interview.

Did you watch the video I posted about Japanese Interpreters in MLB?

It goes into detail about just who little Ohtani cares about money.

Just now, baltfan said:

For sure, but merch and TV rights are owned by MLB, so I am struggling to see how it gets to that sort of number.  Also, if that number were true, other teams would have been bidding much higher.   Team doesn’t really affect that number. 

I think it had to do with the deferrals too. The Dodgers are likely going to net a billion dollars by the time it's all said and done. Going off memory, though.

2 minutes ago, baltfan said:

The whole stadium is almost exclusively Japanese banner ads.  They tune in in droves to watch him

Edited by oh-wee-ohs

11 minutes ago, Malike said:

Boras was talking about Ohtani and how underpaid he actually is. He said if he were Ohtani's agent he would have not allowed him to sign that deal. He said he could have gotten him 1 billion. The Dodgers are apparently making about 186 million a year in other markets just to watch him play or something. Interesting interview.

He would say that. Whether he could have done that or not, I’m not sure. 

I don’t think Boras is the devil like some make him to be, but I think that comment is pretty tacky though. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Did you watch the video I posted about Japanese Interpreters in MLB?

It goes into detail about just who little Ohtani cares about money.

Yeah, Boras is probably salty he didn't pick him when he came over too.

1 minute ago, baltfan said:

Do you think other teams really had a chance?

Do you think he might actually gone to Toronto?