Former O's And How They're Doing

BillySmith

Alex Cintron had his contract purchased by the Nationals today and Raul Chavez had his contract purchased by the Blue Jays today.

Juan Castro had his contract purchased a few days ago by the Dodgers. Omir Santos had his contract purchased by the Mets yesterday.

Ramon Hernandez had a 2 run HR in the top of the 9th yesterday to lead the Reds over the Astros.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Eh, I could do that against the Nats. ;)

Seriously though... Penn should still be on the team but I am glad he's having some success in FLA.

Do you throw 70mph? :)

Penn pitched .2 innings today. One walk, no Ks, one hit. The Marlins continue to put Penn in pressure situations. He's not being put out in blowouts, but in situations where he's asked to keep it close. I'm sure that's giving him confidence. It's nice to see. Wish we still had him, but for the first time today, I found myself warming to Andino.

Rick Bauer was the Opening Night pitcher for the York Revolution last night.

He worked four innings for the Revs, and the back-to-back doubles allowed in the second were the only hits he surrendered all night. The 6’6 right-hander gave up just one run, one walk, and struck out five. (thanks for Darrell Henry at www.YorkRevolution.com for this info)

Daniel Cabrera had a really tough outing against the Mets in NY today.

In his defense, he should have been out of the first without any runs scoring, but Elijah Dukes dropped a ball leading to three unearned runs.

Nevetheless, Cabrera lasted only 2 1/3 innings, allowing five runs (two earned), six hits & four walks on 86 pitches (one of them wild). He threw just 43 strikes and recorded one K.

The one good news is --while he didn't stroke his first hit -- he did make contact again, grounding out in his only at bat.

Ponson looked really good against DET last night. He picked up the loss (a rough start to the season for him at 0-3), but was really sharp against a pretty tough lineup. 8IP 6H 3ER 7K 0BB, 101P(73 Strikes). He's been pretty decent in 3 out of his first 4 starts. He got absolutely shelled in his last start, going only 3.1 innings and giving up 6ER on 8H and 4BB, but aside from that start he's looked pretty solid.

Ponson looked really good against DET last night. He picked up the loss (a rough start to the season for him at 0-3), but was really sharp against a pretty tough lineup. 8IP 6H 3ER 7K 0BB, 101P(73 Strikes). He's been pretty decent in 3 out of his first 4 starts. He got absolutely shelled in his last start, going only 3.1 innings and giving up 6ER on 8H and 4BB, but aside from that start he's looked pretty solid.

Ponson's always been a halfway decent pitcher when he can keep his weight under 300 and his BAC under 0.20.

Just casually reading a minor league fantasy article from ESPN when I stumbled across this alarming quote from Giants' Prospect Madison Bumgarner:

"One of our pitching coaches, Steve Kline, talked to me, and said, 'If you need to, don't even look him, pretend it's just another hitter.'

:eek:

Just casually reading a minor league fantasy article from ESPN when I stumbled across this alarming quote from Giants' Prospect Madison Bumgarner:

"One of our pitching coaches, Steve Kline, talked to me, and said, 'If you need to, don't even look him, pretend it's just another hitter.'

:eek:

Balkmaster is a Coach!?!? It has to be another Steve Kline

Ahhhhhhhhh:leaving::002_ssuprised::drek::eektf: :eek:

Adam Loewen - 5 for 27 .227 AVG

Anybody wish we could have one of these other guys. ;)

6 Royals Zack Greinke SS Apopka High School

7. Brewers Prince Fielder 1B Eau Gallie High School

9. Rockies Jeff Francis LHP University of British Columbia

11. Marlins Jeremy Hermida RF Wheeler High School

12. Angels Joe Saunders LHP Virginia Tech

13. Padres Khalil Greene SS Clemson University

14. Blue Jays Russ Adams SS University of North Carolina

15. Mets Scott Kazmir LHP Cypress Falls High School

16. Athletics Nick Swisher 1B Ohio State University

17. Phillies Cole Hamels LHP Rancho Bernardo High School

19. Dodgers James Loney 1B Lawrence Elkins High School

23. Braves Jeff Francoeur CF Parkview High School