Former O's And How They're Doing

BillySmith

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's Penn's final line: 2.0 4 3 0 1 4 0 46-27 0.00

No ER, but three runs scored against him. Four strike outs is a lot in two innings. After what we've seen so far, and the reasonable conclusion that ST stats don't mean much, this first performance by Penn is a little tough to swallow. Andino is doing nothing on the bench. Hope the FO didn't make a bad decision here. Also, Penn wasn't facing AAA or AAAA players. He struck out Reyes and Delgado. That's impressive.

I'm not saying they're on the streets dying of starvation, just unfortunate to never be quite good enough.

1-year at the league minimum and I'd retire to a little beach house on Goa's coast... :cool:

If I ever have kids, well a boy, I'm teaching him the knuckleball and praying he sticks somewhere. Even a full career as minor league filler he'll make more than me and probably have a blast doing it.

1-year at the league minimum and I'd retire to a little beach house on Goa's coast... :cool:

If I ever have kids, well a boy, I'm teaching him the knuckleball and praying he sticks somewhere. Even a full career as minor league filler he'll make more than me and probably have a blast doing it.

Just make sure he's left-handed too.

A few more former O's and their 2009 teams:

Rodrigo Lopez, P, Lehigh Valley Ironpigs (AAA Phillies)

Chris Richard, 1B, Durham Bulls (AAA Rays)

Rick Bauer, P, York Revolution (Independent, Atlantic League)

Walter Young, 1B, Sioux City Explorers (Independent, Northern League)

Ramon had a good night for Cincy tonight. He's been struggling at the plate but lately he's been hitting better and he's getting more comfortable with the Reds pitching staff too. Tonight he threw out a runner at second, was solid catching the game even with a VERY stingy strike zone (which was really honking him off, LOL), and then he hit a 2 run HR in the 9th inning (his first HR as a Red) which finally got the Reds the lead in a tight game. They ended up winning the game 2-1 and totally stole this game away from the Astros. Good times! :D

Penn pitched two scoreless innings yesterday against the Nats:

0 BBs

0 Ks

2 H

24 pitches - 16 strikes.

That's pretty good. Nice to see him having some success. He was the first guy brought out after Nolasco went just 4 innings, and gave up 2 ER. I'm sure he'll get a chance at the rotation later this year.

Penn pitched two scoreless innings yesterday against the Nats:

0 BBs

0 Ks

2 H

24 pitches - 16 strikes.

That's pretty good. Nice to see him having some success. He was the first guy brought out after Nolasco went just 4 innings, and gave up 2 ER. I'm sure he'll get a chance at the rotation later this year.

Eh, I could do that against the Nats. ;)

Seriously though... Penn should still be on the team but I am glad he's having some success in FLA.

Archived