Grade the Rogers for Norby/Stowers trade

Frobby

Grade the Rogers for Norby/Stowers trade  

190 members have voted

1. 1. How do you grade the Rogers for Norby/Stowers trade?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/31/24 at 23:35

I’m just waking up from a nap and seeing this news.  I see there’s a long thread reacting to the trade, but what grade do you give it?  See the poll, and you can give it a letter grade if you like too.

• Upvote 1

I am between Meh and Like it, and chose like it for the simple fact that it upgrades our ML roster this year and, IMO, isn't much of - if any of - a setback moving forward. 

Guess we'll know more about this in about 14 months.

• Upvote 1

For this one, I kinda want to wait and see what the next two hours brings before giving a full grade. Norby and Stowers were two of the bigger bullets I thought Elias might spend. I think the trade itself is ok but if he spent them both here and doesn't get any more bullpen help, I'll feel like the biggest need wasn't addressed enough. 

• Upvote 1

I would give it a C-.  It fills a need by bumping guys like Povich, McDermott, Irvin out of the starting rotation and allows us to put Suarez in the pen.  Rogers also has 2.3 years of control.  Norby seems like one of the O's top trade chips.  I would like to have gotten an elite bullpen arm or better controlled starter for him.  Fedde was out there and went for less.  I understand Elias not wanting to go for a rental, I just believe Elias should have gotten more.

Feels like we should have gotten more from the Marlins for 12 years of Norby and Stowers team control in exchange for 2.3 years of Rogers who is basically a #4 in a good year. But I'm hoping he proves me wrong and has a great couple years here. 

Felt like a solid "definition of a C grade" trade to me. 

We did get a young, one-organization pitcher, so maybe the lab boys see something that the Marlins missed and they can tweak, and we'll end up with more value than this appears to be on the surface. 

Seems a fair trade for both sides.  With the high cost of pitching, and especially team controlled pitching, I think Elias did a good job of trading two prospects who were blocked for an important need.  Now how much this moves the needle, I guess we'll find out.  

I'm not quite hate it, but very close to it. I think just taking it as whether or not it makes the team better this year? It does. But if I look at it strictly from the lens of what was traded vs. what was returned? I'm very much not a fan. 

I was between 'meh' and 'hate it'.  He's not the Messianic #2 SP that comes with an engraved trophy.  But he's much needed depth and LH at that.  I agree it's an overpay too.

I don't think we're done though.

15 minutes ago, Sanfran327 said:

I am between Meh and Like it, and chose like it for the simple fact that it upgrades our ML roster this year and, IMO, isn't much of - if any of - a setback moving forward. 

Guess we'll know more about this in about 14 months.

This is where I'm at. It's better than meh but I'm not quite liking it. "I get it" is about the best I can say about it. I chose like it given the options.