8/16 - Red Sox vs. Orioles

86this

Other than the IBB decision, really don't get the blaming of Hyde in that inning. I doubt there's an MLB manager who would pull their ace in that situation, unless it is a playoff game or injury-related. 

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Maybe Povich will pick up Burnes, but I'll be honest, Burnes just made me not trust him. 

I mean, I get a bad night, but 8 runs in 4 IP? 4-runs with two-outs. 

True aces don't do that. When their team ties it up after you pitched like garbage for three innings you don't go out and give it right back up. You just don't. 

Maybe he's hurt? Who knows but he had nothing tonight and did NOT have a veteran outing.

Maybe it's cleat cleaner gate? 

I do remember a worse game from Mussina in 95 and he was a true ace. All these guys have bad games once in a great while. 

That said, it was especially frustrating after we scores 4 to tie it 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RavensNOsGuy said:

Didn’t he have twin girls about a month ago or so? I have two young sons and it can be draining. It isn’t an excuse to not do your job but I wonder if it has anything to do with it. I certainly didn’t sleep well for a while and sometimes still don’t.

If he can't perform because of crying babies then he should be sleeping in a hotel the night before his start at the very least. 

He's supposed to be an ace on a team fighting for a pennant and he's over here pitching like Daniel Cabrera.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

He has a 5.40 ERA since the ASB in 6 starts. He was bad in TB and CLE too. 

He had a no hitter the first 4 innings in Tampa and gave up 3 runs and 4 hits in 6 innings that isn’t bad.   He was great minus 1 inning with some poor defense to help out in the 5th.  

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Judge #44

Fun to compete with.

I would go to the Ric Flair To be the man you've got to beat the man, but Judge has never beaten the Astros.

Everybody said what was gonna happen when Aaron Judge's team beat Alex Bregman's team....I guess we'll never know.

Astros coming to town next weekend probably not too worried about this new Eastern upstart.

1 minute ago, Surhoffan17 said:

Maybe it's cleat cleaner gate? 

I do remember a worse game from Mussina in 95 and he was a true ace. All these guys have bad games once in a great while. 

That said, it was especially frustrating after we scores 4 to tie it 

This is the key. I get having a bad night. But an ace DOES not give up 4 runs after his team ties up the game after he buried them to start with. 

Burnes is lacking something. An ace knows how to limit damage when they don't have their stuff or command. An ace settles down when his offense puts him back in the game. 

An ace does not poop his damn pants at home, on a Friday night, in front of a huge crowd after his team fights back into the game.  

3 minutes ago, Pat Kelly said:

Need Burns to step when it matters. Has not had a single outing this year where he has given up zero runs.  Very good but not Gerrit Cole or peak Verlander. 

I haven't been too impressed either. Not a knee-jerk reaction. You can go back and read my posts. I expect to see a gem from a top starter in the league at least once in a while. I don't remember a gem from Burnes this year. Lots of good starts, but nothing memorable.