Time for the Boys to return

wildcard

6 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

Bruh. You were just advocating for bringing them up without fully rehabbing.

The doctors will say "let them rehab fully before activating them from the IL."

So you are a doctor?    And you the O's doctor?

What is a fully rehab?   A rehab is whatever the team says it is.   It could be one game.

9 hours ago, orioles22 said:

Webb his third scoreless outing tonight. Isn't three more than usual, or at least about the same as usual coming back from an injury?

He actually had four.  He got shelled in the second one, which was in AA.   The third one, in AAA, wasn’t that sharp, as he allowed 2 hits.  Hence, the 4th one yesterday.  

Truth is, Webb hasn’t been that sharp.  In each of his last three outings, he’s thrown 21-22 pitches.   So I’m not expecting him to dazzle anyone upon his return to the Orioles.  

1 minute ago, MDK02 said:

Are there any updates on Westburg and his return? 

He should be taking live batting practice soon.

I can’t imagine he’s back before the Yankees series.

I would think they want him to go on a rehab assignment.  Norfolk’s season ends next Sunday. If he can get there on Tuesday or Wednesday, play through the weekend and then get back for the Yankees series, that would be optimal.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

He should be taking live batting practice soon.

I can’t imagine he’s back before the Yankees series.

I would think they want him to go on a rehab assignment.  Norfolk’s season ends next Sunday. If he can get there on Tuesday or Wednesday, play through the weekend and then get back for the Yankees series, that would be optimal.

Obviously it’s a different player but Mookie did hit right out of the gate with the same injury. 

At least it happened with someone. 

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

He actually had four.  He got shelled in the second one, which was in AA.   The third one, in AAA, wasn’t that sharp, as he allowed 2 hits.  Hence, the 4th one yesterday.  

Truth is, Webb hasn’t been that sharp.  In each of his last three outings, he’s thrown 21-22 pitches.   So I’m not expecting him to dazzle anyone upon his return to the Orioles.  

I do wonder with the off day Monday if he throws one more time at AAA. They won’t bring him back today since he went yesterday. So do you bring him back for 2 games in Detroit or wait till SF?