Will the Orioles make the playoffs?

LookitsPuck

Will the Orioles make the playoffs?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Orioles make the playoffs?

• Yes
    • No

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

They are having a bad hand-season, therefore they are “too entitled” and “would rather get to their vacation spots and golf trips.”   Got it.  Not a negative take at all.   

Could it possibly be linked to what golf courses they might be looking to get to. ( say bucket list course like Pebble Beach, Cypress Point. Olympic Club, etc or just youre average Muni layout.

• Haha 1

If they do not make the playoffs, then I think Hyde has to go, even if it clearly isn't all on him. That simply cannot happen without someone's head rolling, even if it is somewhat symbolic.

That said, I'm not really worried about that happening so I voted "Yes." I believe we will make it in, but after that, I will not prognosticate any further. 

3 minutes ago, interloper said:

Yes, they will quite obviously make the playoffs. There's basically no real way in which they don't. 

If we go 3-8 (exactly what we've done over the last 11), and the Tigers go 8-2 (exactly what theyve done over the last 10), then they would pass us by. Obviously Minnesota would have to stay above us as well in that scenerio for us not to make it in, but its not as far fetched as some around here are making it. Us winning 3 might be the hardest part right now. Today is as close to must win as you would think. Tomorrow we got Logan Webb, then the surging Tigers, then the Yankees, then the Twins who will also be fighting for their playoff lives. 

Detroit has one with KC, then Orioles/Rays/White Sox. Its all certainly possible. And way more "possible" than it was even 1-2 weeks ago.

I kind of believe in baseball magic, and in watching Detroit this past week or so, they have that magic right now.  9-1 for them, if they sweep us this weekend, is much more realistic than people are giving credit for.  Now, chances are we win at least one over the weekend, just like in Detroit, and that might be enough to do them in.  But acting like that is a certainty is foolish, in my opinion. And if Detroit passes us, the other two could as well - especially MN, who will get three games against us to finish off whatever gap there might be in that last weekend.

The O's are a bad team right now.  3-8 for a bad team is asking more than a lot of folks here care to admit.  Yes its possible we can win the next two vs SF and then take 2/3 from the Tigers, but what has anyone seen recently to think we are going to win 4 out of 5, or even 3 out of the next 5?

All that being said, the narrative that the team has 'packed it in' or is looking forward to tee times is way out of line and over the top.  Its not lack of effort here, its lack of ability and/or good players in a bad spot.  If you really think they don't care, I don't know what to tell you other than give me a break.

They absolutely care. It's an injury and talent issue. Adley right now is an average to below average catcher. Holliday and Mayo do not belong in the league. Probably 3 relievers and 1 starter that should not be in the MLB. 

I voted yes, but only because last time I suggested they may not make the playoffs I got a few people that were quick to chastise anyone having such an egregious point of view. And to be fair, at that time it seemed far fetched to think they’d play badly enough to lose a spot. Well…they’ve continued to play bad, but interestingly I feel confident now that they can hang onto to that last wild card spot. But for the record, I have absolutely no delusions they make it out of the first round. This team is done in 2024. The heart is gone. I don’t think they’re actively trying to lose so they can book their golf trips or whatever was suggested earlier in this thread…but they’ve certainly forgotten how to be a winning team and there are zero indications that is changing.