9/18/2024 MLB Virtual Ballpark Game

fansince1988

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

Who did we trade from the big club aside from Hays? Who seemed annoyed most of the time aside from when he was proselytizing.

We lost a handful of guys like Hays, Stowers, Norby, Chace, and Cook who came up in the minors with the current active roster, including some others was DFA'd... The whole home run hose thing was invented in part thanks to Irvin.

I think what's emblematic of this offensive slump for the O's is the Called Strike. Something like 2/3 or 3/4 of our batters are very often, to their detriment, looking at pitches that are regulation strikes. It's not even the umps screwing them over, 99% of the time. It's just our batters refusing to swing at legit strikes. I don't know why that is.

I get that they're trying to be patient, but when your "patience" becomes standing there and watching yourself get struck out, that's not good.

Edited by allquixotic

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

We lost a handful of guys like Hays, Stowers, Norby, Chace, and Cook who came up in the minors with the current active roster, including some others was DFA'd... The whole home run hose thing was invented in part thanks to Irvin.

We also lost alot of guys due to injury, and their absence in the clubhouse can't be underestimated either.