The Milton Bradley Show Has Opened in Chicago

Migrant Redbird

BOTB: The Milton Bradley Show Has Begun

Posted March 26, 2009:

From ShysterBall:
Milton Bradley, commenting on how so many experts are picking the Cubs to win the NL Central:

"They should. I'm here. I'm a winner. When I went to the Dodgers, after they hadn't been to the postseason since '88, they went to the postseason. I went to the A's in 2006. We weren't supposed to do anything, and we went to the ALCS. I was with San Diego. We were one win away from making the postseason, and I got hurt. Everywhere I go, people win. It's not a surprise."

Today's update:

This just in...
Sunday, April 12, 2009

Bradley strains right groin in fourth

Associated Press

MILWAUKEE -- Chicago Cubs right fielder Milton Bradley left Sunday's game against Milwaukee with a right groin strain after he came up limping while trying to run from second to third base in the fourth inning.

Reed Johnson pinch ran for Bradley, and scored when Brewers starter Jeff Suppan walked Koyie Hill with the bases loaded. Johnson remained in the game to replace Bradley in right field.

Bradley signed a $30 million, three-year contract with Chicago as a free agent in the offseason, but has a history of injuries.

Bradley was off to a slow start for his new team. He came into Sunday's game batting .063, but reached on a fielder's choice and a hit batsman before leaving with the injury.

Yeah he sucks, it took me all of one week to waive him from my fantasy league team. The Cubs are going to look sooo stupid when Pie bats 280+ with 15 HR and looks like he'll be an above average player and when Bradley is on the DL for 65 games of the year and posts similar numbers to Pie while paying him 30M over 3 years. They are worse than the Yanks with money. Speaking of which, anyone else find it a relief, and funny, that we haven't a relentless string of pro-Cubs fans coming to the hangout to rip every thought or idea or O's player or O's prospect? I'm so glad we fleeced them of every prospect they have while re-signing Roberts long-term. For the most part they were rather unpleasant folk and Roberts has proven to me 100 times over in the first 7 games of the season that he is amazingly better than DeRosa. Speaking of which where is DeRosa these days? Hmmm he's so good, I don't know why the Cubs don't have him any longer.

Bradley was the Rays first priority this offseason but his demand to play the field made them a bad match. Probably another of the many bad decisions he has made in his career. Mackus I agree I love watching him hit, but the guy would be well served limiting his time on the field and trying to stay healthy.

I kinda love the attitude in the first quote you have there.

The guy gets hurt all the time and obviously has some anger management issues, but he can rake when he's healthy.

The guy has loads of talent, but he's also a long ways from being grown up. Yes, major league baseball is a bunch of grown men playing a kid's game for millions of dollars, but that's no excuse for behaving like a spoiled brat.

He got ejected on a bad called 3rd strike call on Thursday. He supposedly "bumped" the ump, who is now filing a complaint with MLB.

Take a look at the video, it doesn't look like he bumped the ump, but the ump's hat did slightly lift off his head.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090417&content_id=4307898&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb&partnerId=rss_mlb

I can't see where he bumped him. I wonder if this guy was on the crew when he was in SD and tore up his knee.

He wasn't.

Umpires: HP - Brian Runge, 1B - Mike Winters, 2B - Bruce Froemming, 3B - Hunter Wendelstedt

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/SDN/SDN200709230.shtml

Umpires: HP: Larry Vanover. 1B: Sam Holbrook. 2B: Dan Iassogna. 3B: Charlie Reliford.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/boxscore.jsp?gid=2009_04_16_slnmlb_chnmlb_1

He got ejected on a bad called 3rd strike call on Thursday. He supposedly "bumped" the ump, who is now filing a complaint with MLB.

Take a look at the video, it doesn't look like he bumped the ump, but the ump's hat did slightly lift off his head.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090417&content_id=4307898&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb&partnerId=rss_mlb

I don't know about the bump but the call was bad.

Definitely off the plate and with the catcher reaching almost behind Bradley to catch it.

Archived