9/24 - How about we clinch some playoffs tonight vs. the MFY!

spleen1015

4 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

I'm judging just the idea of simply pitching to him. 

I hope he finds a league with people his own size one day. 

I think you have to give the Bonds treatment to Judge hitting in Yankees Stadium with that lineup. I’m ok with walking Judge with the way he bashes Orioles pitchers. 

If you get him to chase a pitch fine, but I can live with a walk. 

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s

Just now, Yossarian said:

I don't like playing against Judge and I hate that he gets so much air time as a Yankee, but I respect his game.   He is a great ball player that I would love to have on my team.   I am amazed that he maintains his health and high level of play year after year with his size and long limbs. 

He has some of that entitled Yankee player dbagness in him but overall he’s a good dude. Does a lot of stuff for kids. 

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I think you have to give the Bonds treatment to Judge hitting in Yankees Stadium with that lineup. I’m ok with walking with the way he bashes Orioles pitchers. 

If you get him to chase a pitch fine, but so can live with a walk. 

Remember how the NCAA banned dunks in the mid 60s and it was squarely aimed at Lew Alcindor? I think someone as tall as Judge should banned for having those sliding mitts. He doesn't need the extra reach. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Adley's sprint speed,  26.6 ft/sec.

Tony's sprint speed, 26.0 ft/sec.

I know it's the game thread and I shouldn't bother fact checking but I can't help it when folks say something I know it untrue.

It was a bit in jest.  The biggest thing was the jump, but Adley does look a little out of shape at the moment.  Could be he is worn down and injured though. 

1 minute ago, baltfan said:

It was a bit in jest.  The biggest thing was the jump, but Adley does look a little out of shape at the moment.  Could be he is worn down and injured though. 

I'm still betting he's got a sports hernia he's playing through.

I'm probably wrong but hey, I'm used to it.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

Remember how the NCAA banned dunks in the mid 60s and it was squarely aimed at Lew Alcindor? I think someone as tall as Judge should banned for having those sliding mitts. He doesn't need the extra reach. 

Why you got to be hating on Oniel Cruz like that?

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I'm still betting he's got a sports hernia he's playing through.

I'm probably wrong but hey, I'm used to it.

I would think we would see that affect his throwing and that has actually gotten better it seems

Just now, baltfan said:

I would think we would see that affect his throwing and that has actually gotten better it seems

I've had a hernia, you have some days that are better than others.

I'm trying to think of something that is limiting but can be played through that wouldn't get better with a short in season IL trip.