Will you watch the next two games?

Frobby

The next two games are about as meaningless as it gets.   Will you be watching anyway?   

I’m sure I’ll see parts of both games and will make an effort to see the last couple of innings if they’re winning or the game is close.   But I’m not going to plan my weekend around it, that’s for sure.  

Mostly what I care about is (1) don’t let anyone get hurt and (2) don’t overuse the bullpen guys we’re going to need in close games.   

I'll be somewhere downtown Sunday pregaming for the Ravens game at 8:15 pm.   Maybe Checkerspot or Pickett's or the Firehouse.  

If wherever I am has the O's on, I'll watch.   But if all they have is the other NFL games on, I probably won't go out of my way to ask them to change the channel.

Tomorrow -- I'll be home.   I'll probably bounce between the O's and college football.

The pressure is off. The monkey is of our backs a little. We’re going into the playoffs with little expectations. The team has gotten healthy. 

I bet we win these next two games. The bats get to loosen up a bit. Maybe Mayo cranks one. A Daniel Johnson 3-4 type game?

Edited by sportsfan8703

10 hours ago, Frobby said:

The next two games are about as meaningless as it gets.   Will you be watching anyway?   

I’m sure I’ll see parts of both games and will make an effort to see the last couple of innings if they’re winning or the game is close.   But I’m not going to plan my weekend around it, that’s for sure.  

Mostly what I care about is (1) don’t let anyone get hurt and (2) don’t overuse the bullpen guys we’re going to need in close games.   

I watch as many games as possible. With football season here I referee games late into the evening. By the time I arrived home the game was over🥲

12 hours ago, Teddy OBP said:

Enough to will Cowser to a legendary finish to win ROTY

Well with the O's locked into the #1 WC, Cowser no longer has to be hindered by clutch situations.

Edited by O's84

I'm watching.   Both the most exciting time of the year for me,  and the most sad.  Excited for the playoffs,  yet sad that baseball is close to ending.   I agree with this statement from Hall of Famer Rogers Hornsby, who once said: “People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.”

So yeah,  I'll be watching as there is only a little baseball left.  I'm only guaranteed 4 more Orioles games,  though I hope for many more.   Better believe I'm watching all of them that I can. 

• Upvote 2