Os vs KC in WC round

Sports Guy

Just now, Sports Guy said:

How are you guys feeling about this series?

I think KC is a tough matchup but I’m pretty calm and have a lot of confidence in winning.  I admit that if we lose today, that confidence will be very low though.

To me It almost feels like todays game is an elimination game even though I know it’s not. So I’m pretty nervous about it. I just think the team needs to get another monkey off their back and if they don’t in game 1, they could be in trouble in game 2. Especially if the loss involves them getting completely shut down on offense. 

Also the gsmr 1 winner has won the series nearly every time so far in the short history of these three-gamers. 

12 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I think KC is a tough matchup but I’m pretty calm and have a lot of confidence in winning.  I admit that if we lose today, that confidence will be very low though.

I’m less nervous than last year going into the Rangers series. With the roster’s playoff inexperience in 2023, I wasn’t sure what to expect from them in postseason play.

I think the team while not as strong as last is better prepared for playoff baseball having gone through it already. Plus Burnes and Eflin are playoff experienced and should be able to handle the moment. 

I’m tempering my expectations, but if the Orioles play quality baseball they win this series. Also while Witt is great his road OPS is .844 which is good, but not superhuman. 

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s

FWIW Dan Szymborski's hot off the presses game-by-game odds are calculated guessing Game 2 Kremer and Game 3 Eflin.

https://www.fangraphs.com/standings/playoff-odds/postseason-zips?&series=ALWCS2

ZiPS overall seeing the series 57-43 for the Orioles.

First 2 years of the 6 playoff teams per league fields, the Game 1 winners are 7-1 in Game 2.

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

I'm very confident in everything but our bullpen, which was terrible down the stretch (month of September). As long as we don't get into a later bullpen battle game, we should be good.

The preference (obviously) would to get an early lead so that our guys can relax and forget about last year.