October 1st: Orioles vs Royals — Wild Card Playoff Game #1

ShoelesJoe

11 minutes ago, Baseball fandom said:

Ps.... Tom Brady did well against Mahomes and Burrow has held his own. 

Tom Brady = 🐐

Unless you know of any other duplicates/comparables lying around out there, he is a 1 of 1.

Burrow has beaten Mahomes all of 2 times. And then turned around and lost in the big game.

Just now, Bemorewins said:

I agree! 

This series isn't over yet (though I am not confident at all). But I don't see a scenario where we are going to "homegrown" our way to a championship. We have some serious holes to fill in the offseason.

I know man I have follow a lot of your posts when I was just a lurker over the summer but soooo many times I was agreeing with you in things you would say even though many on here wouldn't. 

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

Let me put it this way. I would rather have Justin Turner batting at his advanced age with a runner in scoring position against a LHP than James McCann (and to be honest even Adley Rutschman right now). Those 2 horrid ABs by McCann (with RISP) were the difference in us scoring today or not.

Ok fair enough , Where does he play ? where is JT now? what was his cost. McCann is a catcher.

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

Tom Brady = 🐐

Unless you know of any other duplicates/comparables lying around out there, he is a 1 of 1.

Burrow has beaten Mahomes all of 2 times. And then turned around and lost in the big game.

Burrow beat Mahomes in the AFC championship game then lost to the Rams  but yes I guess my point is those 2 are the only ones to do it. 

Edited by Baseball fandom

3 minutes ago, Baseball fandom said:

I know man I have follow a lot of your posts when I was just a lurker over the summer but soooo many times I was agreeing with you in things you would say even though many on here wouldn't. 

I got shouted down so many times...lol 

It kind of got to the point where there was just no much point in posting.

If we do not win this series, hopefully this will serve as a wake up call to Rubenstein/Elias. We are most probably never going to win a WS by hedging. Tampa Bay has never done it and they have had far superior pitching to anything that we have been able to assemble thus far. 

6 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

Ok fair enough , Where does he play ? where is JT now? what was his cost. McCann is a catcher.

He is a part time RHH DH. He would have allowed us to only have to stomach one of Adley and McCann hitting. Not both.

Listen, I'm not saying that he would by any means be a savior for our team as he is not some sort of difference making player. However, what I am saying is that up until this point we have tried to patch work holes on our roster and it does not appear to be getting us anywhere near being able to win a championship (which should be the goal).

Dudes up there just flailing at pitches out of the strike zone.   How many guys couldn't even hold onto the bat 3? 4?  Mullins got lucky and actually hit a ball that he threw the bat at.  Just a sad day altogether for a team that had looked like they peaked in June and just sleep-walked through the second half of the season.  By September  they looked physically and emotionally uninterested or unable to play at a high level.   The long season, the injuries,  and the grind got to them.   

It's a disappointing loss just because we have hoped beyond hope that with time they would be able to change once the playoff started.

This is the same team that can't hit with RISP and the same team that comes up small when it needs to do something. There is just something missing from this core group.

Now, when Elias drafted this guys, there is no way to look into their hearts and figure out who can handle pressure and who can't. There is just no way of realizing this until they are put in pressure situations.

What we've seen is this core group collectively are just able to to be effective in pressure/clutch situation. 

It's why I shudder to thin they will resign Santander or extend Adley. They are chokers at heart. It's not that they don't care, in fact, they may care too much. When you add in Cowser, Urias, and several others, you got a crew that you don't want up in key situations because they can not be counted on to have a professionally solid at bat.

McCann is as tough as they get, but he pants pooper in high leverage situations. Same goes for Mountcastle and Kjerstad has come up small enough to know it's an issue for him as well.

They are who they are We are Baltimore sports fans. We should be pros at knowing how to accept teams and players that come up small. We are not allowed to have nice things. 

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

It's a disappointing loss just because we have hoped beyond hope that with time they would be able to change once the playoff started.

This is the same team that can't hit with RISP and the same team that comes up small when it needs to do something. There is just something missing from this core group.

Now, when Elias drafted this guys, there is no way to look into their hearts and figure out who can handle pressure and who can't. There is just no way of realizing this until they are put in pressure situations.

What we've seen is this core group collectively are just able to to be effective in pressure/clutch situation. 

It's why I shudder to thin they will resign Santander or extend Adley. They are chokers at heart. It's not that they don't care, in fact, they may care too much. When you add in Cowser, Urias, and several others, you got a crew that you don't want up in key situations because they can not be counted on to have a professionally solid at bat.

McCann is as tough as they get, but he pants pooper in high leverage situations. Same goes for Mountcastle and Kjerstad has come up small enough to know it's an issue for him as well.

They are who they are We are Baltimore sports fans. We should be pros at knowing how to accept teams and players that come up small. We are not allowed to have nice things. 

So basically what you are saying is we need to sing a few assholes to lift our nice guys up, I agree.