10/2 Orioles vs Royals Wild Card Game #2

foxfield

1 minute ago, Marshmellow said:

Royals will need a lot more than 3 runs to beat the Yankees. A LOT more. 
I think they’re going to get pounded.

The Orioles should’ve swept this series. Even a below average offense and they’d be in position to sweep. They just completely no showed.

Just now, LookitsPuck said:

Last year was far worse. They weren't even competitive aside from the first game. 

This is certainly deflating, but expectations were much lower since we've seen this song and dance for months during the regular season.

But last year they at least could score.  They had 8 runs in Game 2.

1 minute ago, LGOrioles said:

They’ve given up 3 runs in 2 games and are about to get swept. Couldn’t ask for a more deflating sweep. 

The Dodgers scored 2 runs in the 1966 World Series and were shut out in the last 33 innings. Ask Palmer about it sometime.

2 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

Don’t see how they don’t make major changes after this loss. This team is broken. 

After a week or so they will start talking about how great the farm is and that this is still a young team and blah blah blah. I was all about the blah blah blah after the playoffs last year but now this is a trend. I'm legit concerned this team doesn't have it. Worst part is the holdovers from the rebuild years aren't the issue. The young core is suspect. The can't-miss farm guys are suspect. The future of the rotation is suspect.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, LookitsPuck said:

Last year was far worse. They weren't even competitive aside from the first game. 

This is certainly deflating, but expectations were much lower since we've seen this song and dance for months during the regular season.

I don't know.. I don't remember being this angry last year

Just now, Sports Guy said:

KC has 12 left on. It’s not like they are hitting well even if they are getting chances. 3 damn runs and they can win this series.

They are not a particularly good hitting team. They have what 2/3 good hitters?