After Two Weeks of Pie...

Frobby

I'd avoid extrapolating any conclusions based on a guy who went from major league all star to AA scrub inside of 18 months.

Do you really think Pie has lost his speed? He musta been Flash Gordon before.

As I've posted before, Pie's defense has been overrated. He was below average some years in the minors and only slightly above in others.

I think Orioles fans have fallen victim to the Chicago Cubs hype machine which is similar to the Boston Red Sox hype machine.

Pie is the second coming of Corey Patterson IMO, only I give the edge to Patterson as he was better offensively. And if Reimold is a RH version of Luke Scott, I'd rather have Luke Scott in LF than Corey Patterson.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As I've posted before, Pie's defense has been overrated. He was below average some years in the minors and only slightly above in others.

I think Orioles fans have fallen victim to the Chicago Cubs hype machine which is similar to the Boston Red Sox hype machine.

Pie is the second coming of Corey Patterson IMO...

What is really sad is people like who can't give the man more time than a few weeks. How many at bats has he had? Not many. How many games has he played? Not near enough to get a good read about him.

Corey Patterson made Web Gems a bunch of times as well, but it didn't mean he was a good defensive CFer.

Just because Pie makes flashy plays doesn't mean he makes the routine ones.

What?

Patterson was an outstanding CF. Slow down.

The next time I see one of you fools compare Pie to Jones I am going to throw up. Pie can not field LF or CF. AM needs to wake up an understand he made a mistake twice.

Good cause I am going to. Hope you make it to the bathroom before you throw up. :D Given the kind of chance Jones had last year then Pie deserves the same chance. He can be another Jones.

Good cause I am going to. Hope you make it to the bathroom before you throw up. :D Given the kind of chance Jones had last year then Pie deserves the same chance. He can be another Jones.

Word has it that Jones hides his glove every time Pie comes close. You are blind Jones never was as bad in the field as Pie.

Maybe if he takes a time machine back to when he was 22, but Jones is a year younger than Pie and so much more advanced.

At this point, Pie's ceiling looks to be Corey Patterson, and he may not even reach that...

Archived