Orioles vs Rangers 4/24

Oriolesfan1988

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't believe that Kinsler play was ruled a single. That scoring got a lot of incredulous gasps in the press box.

Who sits where in the press box?

Is it first come, first served, or are there places that each guy owns?

Where are you in relation to others we might know?

Who sits where in the press box?

Is it first come, first served, or are there places that each guy owns?

Where are you in relation to others we might know?

I've never been in there, but if a place like Towson University's press boxes/areas have designated seating/marked spots than I would imagine the O's press box has something similar for the regulars, at least.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I am not giving up on Means.   A little rest, some chewing gum,  maybe some duct tape.  I think he will be back.  His ERA is about 2.64 over the last two season.    Don't count him out yet.
    • Rather amazingly, a 1.13 run favor to our opponent is only the 3rd largest disadvantage we’ve had so far this season, per Umpire Scorecard — Vic Carapazza gave the Brewers a 1.21 run edge back on 4/13 and Sean Barber provided a 1.65 run advantage for the Royals on 4/21. Looking at Umpire Scorecard is actually infuriating me at the moment, because we’ve gotten absolutely hosed by the umps so far. Only Oakland and the White Sox have received more of a disadvantage from the umps so far, with the O’s checking in at a whopping -7.56 runs so far. Our most favored game thus far has been getting a 0.71 run edge against the Nats on 5/7. We’ve had SIX separate games where we were more disfavored than that. Cleveland has actually been the most favored team so far (by a wide margin), but I’m sure you can guess who is number two. I don’t like to Judge, but the umps have been quite a Boone to the team whose meat the league has Rodon for decades.
    • B-Ref's portrait gallery today has him tucked between Grayson Rodriguez and Kyle Bradish on rWAR contribution YTD, but they are all behind Albert Suarez who I guess is the most direct beneficiary if the Orioles follow through using a sixth starter to help with the coming weeks. I guess Means now is where Bradish was around the Super Bowl.     Conservative treatment and good fortune, I don't yet rule him out as someone good enough to have their September form monitored if he isn't in surgical recovery.
    • That's sad.  Maybe he's just one of those guys who, despite a lot of God-given talent, just doesn't have the physical strength to handle his chosen profession.  
    • I didn't even have him making it out of his rehab assignment.
    • What's worse for Means at this point - it's a sprain that he has to rehab for a few months and finally makes it back again by the end of the season and he pitches a few starts and hurts it again. Or he tore it and it's TJS 2.0.  Honestly, starting to think the latter. Maybe the surgery works better the second time around and he doesn't have to keep starting and stopping like this. 
    • Well called it earlier in the season when I said he probably would probably be back on the IL by June. I believe my words when he came back were, "I give him about a month or 2."
  • Popular Contributors