glorydays

Is it time to fire Trembley  

342 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time to fire Trembley

• Yes, fire him immediately
    • No, but don't bring him back next season
    • No, I still have faith in DT and would like to see him back next season

This poll is closed to new votes

Well if that's the case, then why do you hate Dave Trembley? If it was a lost season, what do you expect him to do? Outside of holding morning steroid shooting sessions for all of his players I'm failing to see what he could do differently to make this team any better than it is.

This is what most of us have been saying all season, while you have been crucifying him as if he had the Yankees line up and payroll.

I don't hate Trembley, I just don't see him as the manager to take this team to the next level.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think too many people just want to do something just to do it!!! If I remember correctly this was a throw away year while we waited for the young birds to come up. Well we are seeing them come up now and to get broken in at mlb level. Sure Trembley makes a few questionable decisions with the hit and runs and maybe some strategic defensive moves.

With that being said, he is not at the plate hitting or on the mound pitching. I am not a stats guy myself, but our hitting has been completely dismal. We score no runs anymore at all and I see a manager trying to get things going with some of his calls. When they work he is a genius and when they do not we soo many people that want to fire him. I just hope people remember that he focuses on teaching the fundamentals of the game and good defense. He needs some tools out there to truly watch this come to a winning proposition.

Since the offense is struggling lets fire Crowley too. After all he teaches the plate discipline. Tooo many people are too reactionary on here with quick fixes. We are not going to win with this team, Earl Weaver wouldnt, Joe Torre wouldnt so why expect DT.

I really don't understand why this is being discussed at this time. Maybe some had visions of sugar plums, but MacPhail knew it would be more whine than roses this season. Given what Trembley was given to work with, how many more wins could we have reasonably expected from replacement manager, yet to be named? The guy paid his dues in the minors and with a AAAA pitching squad most of his tenure in Baltimore. I'd personally like to give him a chance with a real major league team.

There was a poll of executives in a recent Boston Globe story, rating all the managers in MLB. Tremblay was 24th. I understand polls are polls but beyond the numbers as you watch this guy manage every night, it becomes increasingly apparent to me he has no long term future as a Major League manager - no matter how much of a supposed good guy he is off the field. Just my two cents

It was not a poll .A reporter that works for the globe talked to 10 people and then ranked the managers based on that and his own opinion.

Well if that's the case, then why do you hate Dave Trembley? If it was a lost season, what do you expect him to do? Outside of holding morning steroid shooting sessions for all of his players I'm failing to see what he could do differently to make this team any better than it is.

This is what most of us have been saying all season, while you have been crucifying him as if he had the Yankees line up and payroll.

It is called hating authority

It does not matter who the manager is it could be anyone past or present.

It is way to early to change managers,

But I have come to the realization that if Earl Weaver was the manager right now some would be calling for his job.

According to the Boston.com survey, Terry Francona ranked 2nd... from their Sunday's game against the Rangers.

Bottom of the 1st

D Pedroia flied out to right.

J Ellsbury grounded out to first.

K Youkilis doubled to left.

K Youkilis picked off second.

Bottom of the 2nd

J Bay walked.

M Lowell struck out swinging.

D Ortiz flied out to left.

J Bay caught stealing second, catcher to shortstop.

Bottom of the 6th - David Ortiz did what?!?!?!?!

J Bay popped out to second.

M Lowell grounded out to third.

D Ortiz singled to center.

D Ortiz caught stealing second, pitcher to shortstop.

According to the Boston.com survey, Terry Francona ranked 2nd... from their Sunday's game against the Rangers.

Bottom of the 1st

Bottom of the 2nd

Bottom of the 6th - David Ortiz did what?!?!?!?!

Terry Francona is undoubtedly a worse manager than DT in my eyes, he just has the privilege of coaching a crap ton of talent.

This "situation" is like every situation when a team is losing and not performing well.

"It's the manager's fault. He should be managing the team better." He's the scapegoat.

There is absolutely no reason to fire him in the middle of the season. It's just making a move for the sake of change. I'm pretty sure we can all agree that doing something like that is the wrong move.

Question for the people who think that Trembley should be fired: What did you expect coming into the 2009 season? What were your goals for the team? What were your goals that Trembley would hope to accomplish?

I really do think that the sudden success vs. the Nationals and Tigers made the fans see hope. This happiness was then washed away by the West Coast trip to Seattle and Oakland.

This "situation" is like every situation when a team is losing and not performing well.

"It's the manager's fault. He should be managing the team better." He's the scapegoat.

There is absolutely no reason to fire him in the middle of the season. It's just making a move for the sake of change. I'm pretty sure we can all agree that doing something like that is the wrong move.

Question for the people who think that Trembley should be fired: What did you expect coming into the 2009 season? What were your goals for the team? What were your goals that Trembley would hope to accomplish?

I really do think that the sudden success vs. the Nationals and Tigers made the fans see hope. This happiness was then washed away by the West Coast trip to Seattle and Oakland.

I don't really want to fire Trembley... and I think he's good for the team in so many ways... but I do hate his running game and his over-use of the hit and run and I do think he's costing us runs with them.

As someone else suggested - I think his bullpen management would look a lot better if we had better arms.

OK... Everyone has had their say as to what DT is doing wrong. The real question that nobody is asking is - is it time for the O's to move on. Hence the poll. 3 answers:

1 - Yes, remove him now.

2 - No, but don't bring him back next season

3 - No, I still have faith in DT and believe he is the correct manager to lead the O's this season and into the future.

What would be the good of firing DT? I hate for this team to have to go through another manager search. I odn't believe there is another out there that can turn the team around. Anyway I voterd number 3.

I don't really want to fire Trembley... and I think he's good for the team in so many ways... but I do hate his running game and his over-use of the hit and run and I do think he's costing us runs with them.

As someone else suggested - I think his bullpen management would look a lot better if we had better arms.

I think his use of the hit-and-run is an over-reaction to the number of double plays we are hitting into.

I don't expect him to continue to be so aggressive once the team starts hitting better.

I do agree that it is a horrible strategy, but I don't think he'll continue using it. I would help my confidence in his abilities though if he stopped doing it so much.

The bullpen management will look a lot better when the starters start going six innings.

What!? A manager cant manage a bullpen when 2 of his starters cant get out of the 1st inning? j/k

I voted #3, I have been really disappointed with how he has managed the position players this year. Our depth was supposed to be so much better but guys aren't getting rested and I think we are to slow to DL someone (Scott, Pie, Montanez, etc.)

I think the players and local media have alot of respect for him, even if he does seem extremely sarcastic at times.

Archived