BA's 2009 Mock Draft (v4.0)

Law chiming in :

Here's the skinny: Atlanta is down to either UNC RHP Alex White or Vandy lefty Mike Minor at No. 7. Whoever the Braves don't take, the Reds will likely snatch up one pick later. Washington was previously on Minor for the No. 10 pick, but if he's off the board, expect them to select Stanford reliever Drew Storen instead.

This is certainly an interesting piece of that :

Oh my, sucks to be a Pirates fan. What this does for us though is good, it moves whoever would have been the BPA in the 4th slot to our slot, basically if Stras and Ackley are gone, that means one of Matzek or Crow will be available to us, Im guessing itll be Matzek since his asking price is sky high..... It would really throw us through a loop if JJ picks someone we didnt know they were even looking at like Scheppers or Miller(hope not)

More reports coming in about the Pirates and Tony Sanchez.

http://bucsbits.mlblogs.com/archives/2009/06/draft_day_pirates_leaning_towa.html

Good lord, what are the Pirates thinking? :eek:

Damn, if Seattle passes on Ackley and the Padres and Pirates do as well...

The Padres have already said they won't. There was a link a day or two ago on MLBTradeRumors about it.

The Padres have already said they won't. There was a link a day or two ago on MLBTradeRumors about it.

Yeah I saw that, but supposedly he's asking for close to Teixeira money. That could have him drop...

I'm just speculating here but perhaps it could be a ploy because he wants to play on the East Coast.

About the chances it was for Wieters to drop to us....
Nope. Chances are much lower than that.

Most people thought Wieters would fall to us, and that we would sign him. I think the only real threat was the Pirates. The rest of the teams were staying away (except TB, who went with the best pitcher, Price, over best hitter).

Interesting that he doen't have Scheppers or Grant Green going in the first round.

There's an article on Scheppers on BA today saying how he was sitting mid-high 90's and touched 101 last night in his game. He went 5 innings, 1 run, 3 walks, 5 K's. Not a bad line but not amazing either.

Any chance we take a chance on Scheppers at #5?

Archived