Reading into all available information...

Tony, I want Mike Leake. What are the chances the O's take him?

I really don't have any specifics on the arms they are considering so I think it really comes down to the three guys the O's like equally and which one they think they can sign to the value of the 5th pick set by baseball. From what I've read though, I don't think Leake in the same talent class as some of the others. I'm kind of leaning towards Wheeler right now myself, but that's my opinion not some leaked info.

Tony, if you are hearing that is possible... does that mean that mean the O's essientially value Green as high as any pitcher (Wheeler, White) that they may select; but fear that they could not sign Green for the price they want?

That could be very true. The Orioles do not believe any of the guys who will be available at #5 are worth premium prices (read well above slot) and it appears Green is looking for premium bonus money.

Really, after Frederick, there's limited guys with major upside in the low minors when it comes to pitching so really anyone who would give us more depth with upside in starting pitching is a good, safe pick in my opinion.

Hey Tony,

With this comment, I am thinking you don't think highly of Drake or Zagone?

Archived