Breaking News: Snyder to Norfolk

BowieMike

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is excellent news, it is so awesome to know that our best young guys are mostly all at the last stop before the bigs. Its been a lot of blood sweat and tears....the next move for all of em is Bmore, and would signal the the ending of "rebuilding" mode. By next ST, Tillman, Snyder, Arrieta and Matusz will be ready to step in, joining Wieters and Reimold who already have graduated to the big club. I hope they dont delay Matusz's arrival time because our rotation will be full.....

Put it this way, there was a ton of clamoring for Wieters to be promoted much sooner, and for Arrieta and Reimold to be moved along. I even was hearing it about Snyder in July and August. I heard that "nothing left to prove" line a ton last year, but the O's really took it slow.

As I posted the other day, I think there's more to it than whether the player is "challenged." The O's thought Arrieta relied on his fastball too much. This year, they thought Matusz relied on his too little. They wait until a guy makes progress on the things they want to see. But this year, they seem more intent on challenging guys.

Personally, I'm very happy with the way things have gone in player development the last 2 years. The success to failure ratio has been very high. This is is starting to look like the organization I once knew.

Well, they should have be moved and I know I talked about them not being challenged and having nothing left to prove.

But as I said, the circumstances were a bit different with these guys.

They weren't going to have Wieters in AAA last year, tearing it up and then send him back down there for 2 months this year...I really think had he not been a Boras client, that he would have been moved along quicker.

The same may be able to be said about Arrieta but we have heard that he would have been in AA last year had it not been for the Olympics.

Not promoting Reimold was just poor...We heard last year that they didn't send him to ST because they wanted him to stay healthy...Not sure if that has anything to do with them not moving him up the organization ladder quicker or not but he should have spent at least the last 1-2 months in AAA last year.

From Melewski:

Snyder leaves Bowie hitting .343 with 10 homers and 45 RBI. He is first in the league in slugging at .597, second in the league in batting and on base percentage and third in doubles and RBI.

Not too shabby.

The Orioles have signed 1B Eric Crozier to replace Snyder in Bowie. Crozier has been out of baseball since 2007 when he appeared in 63 games for the Portland Sea Dogs (Red Sox AA). With the Sea Dogs in 2007, Crozier batted .235 with nine home runs and 44 RBI in 220 at-bats.

Crozier, 30, appeared in 14 games for the Toronto Blue Jays in 2004, batting .152 with two doubles, two home runs and four RBI.

Archived