6/29: Red Sox at Orioles, Game 1

PaulFolk

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
C'mon, if we had guys like Pedroia and Youk we'd LOVE them.

We'd rave about Pedroia's fire and grit, we'd love Youk's hustle.

We'd love two rings this decade and we'd love being die hard original fans of a fanbase that suddenly everyone wants to be a part of.

Who doesn't want to be the cool kid? Popularity contests don't stop after high school.

I'm so far removed from pulling for a winning team that I literally have no idea what it's like.

I like guys who are competitive, like Youkilis is. I like guys who get angry when they feel slighted or cheated. I wish we had more guys like that.

But if I saw Pedroia or Youkilis out at a bar, I'd definitely throw a beer in their faces.

Gladly

2008 - Rays

2006 - Tigers

2005 - White Sox

2003 - Marlins

2001 - D-backs

1995 - Braves

1993 - Phillies

To name a few...

Dude, some of these teams are from 15 years ago. Luis Gonzalez hit 57 HRs and had an OPS north of 1.100 that year. Look I understand what you are saying, but doesn't the fact that you had to go as far back prove that you are better off with a legit offensive stud. If you are fine with a below average to mediocre offense by all means, enjoy it.

Hill doesn't stand a chance with his command against this lineup.

Zippy chance I watch the game tomorrow night, I just can't bring myself to do it.

Is it sooo much to ask to see starters with ERAs under 6? I'm very quickly losing interest in watching Hill and Berken starts. Throw Bass a spot start if you are unwilling to call up the younger guys, do something.

But if I saw Pedroia or Youkilis out at a bar, I'd definitely throw a beer in their faces.

I would too.

All I'm saying is imagine if Pedroia came up with us and if we traded for Youk.

We'd LOVE those two guys. We'd love the fact that everyone else is annoyed to no end by them while we win.

I'm so far removed from pulling for a winning team that I literally have no idea what it's like.

I like guys who are competitive, like Youkilis is. I like guys who get angry when they feel slighted or cheated. I wish we had more guys like that.

The only comparison would be Ray Lewis, i'm pretty sure his act wears on opposing teams. But generally I don't think people mind the Ravens in general or their fan base. Of course apples to oranges, but you know what i'm saying.

Yeah right, I bet you do. Even if just a little bit.

Nope, playing twilight over at the golf course next door as late into the night as humanly possible then going to the movies.

I have zero interest in watching tomorrow night's game, and I have very little interest in watching us stink against the Red Sox in general.

It's hard watching your favorite team get consistently outclassed by a team you know they'll have to deal with forever.

Dude, some of these teams are from 15 years ago. Luis Gonzalez hit 57 HRs and had an OPS north of 1.100 that year. Look I understand what you are saying, but doesn't the fact that you had to go as far back prove that you are better off with a legit offensive stud. If you are fine with a below average to mediocre offense by all means, enjoy it.

We're not losing tonight because we're a bad offensive team, we're losing because we're facing one of the best left handers in baseball.

Nope, playing twilight over at the golf course next door as late into the night as humanly possible then going to the movies.

I have zero interest in watching tomorrow night's game, and I have very little interest in watching us stink against the Red Sox in general.

It's hard watching your favorite team get consistently outclassed by a team you know they'll have to deal with forever.

I agree, it is hard. I didn't want to watch tonight... but sure enough.

You're a smart man... twilight golf & movie plans should help. ;)

I'm just saying though, if you didn't have those plans I bet you would have sneaked a peak. ;)

Archived