Tillman 7/3 start

winudi

These kids are not just knocking on the door, they're about to beat it down. I can't come up with any reason to keep Arrieta and Tillman down here any longer and Matusz and right behind them.

So that's 21 walks in 80 innings. Great walk rate, great K rate. Going deeper into games. Pretty much dominating the competition. Why keep him at AAA?

Because they want to give innings to Berken and Hernandez, and they're not ready to trash Hill.

Even if they were ready to trash Hill, the 5th starter won't get a lot of work in July.

I am sure that the plan was to keep Tillman at AAA all season unless the O's miraculously got into a playoff run, and since that isn't happening, there's no reason to deviate from the plan.

We'll see him in September, probably. Maybe Arrieta too.

Because they want to give innings to Berken and Hernandez, and they're not ready to trash Hill.

Even if they were ready to trash Hill, the 5th starter won't get a lot of work in July.

I am sure that the plan was to keep Tillman at AAA all season unless the O's miraculously got into a playoff run, and since that isn't happening, there's no reason to deviate from the plan.

We'll see him in September, probably. Maybe Arrieta too.

If we're gonna see Tillman this year, it won't be after he's thrown 130+ innings of baseball, IMO.

I'm starting to think that the only way we see him is due to injury.

Hopefully they'll trade Baez or Sherrill soon and one of Berken or Hernandez can be moved to the BP where they'll likely wind up anyways.

Way too early on that for both Berken and Hernandez. They need starts so that the Orioles can figure out what they've got.

This is the time to do it -- right now. Next year the innings will be much harder to free up.

If we're gonna see Tillman this year, it won't be after he's thrown 130+ innings of baseball, IMO.

I'm starting to think that the only way we see him is due to injury.

I just pulled a hammy... can we call him up now?

Way too early on that for both Berken and Hernandez. They need starts so that the Orioles can figure out what they've got.

This is the time to do it -- right now. Next year the innings will be much harder to free up.

Berken and Hernandez have already had some starts and they will continue to get some more.

We also need to understand how good Tillman, Arrieta and Matusz will pitch at the next level. The plan appears to be to get Matusz innings this year and then he will probably start at AAA for a few weeks next year. Tillman and Arrieta should get major league innings this year, IMO.

Oh yeah, great start by Tillman.

We also need to understand how good Tillman, Arrieta and Matusz will pitch at the next level. The plan appears to be to get Matusz innings this year and then he will probably start at AAA for a few weeks next year. Tillman and Arrieta should get major league innings this year, IMO.

Oh yeah, great start by Tillman.

I understand what you mean, but these three don't really need early tryouts. Not that they are guaranteed to be good (of course there are no guarantees) but we know that they will get every chance to succeed regardless of how good they are early on. Really, apart from the question of when to bring them up, there are few decisions to be made where they are concerned.

That's not necessarily the case with 2nd tier talent like Hernandez, and it's definitely not the case with Berken.

Archived