Tillman 7/3 start

winudi

I understand what you mean, but these three don't really need early tryouts. Not that they are guaranteed to be good (of course there are no guarantees) but we know that they will get every chance to succeed regardless of how good they are early on. Really, apart from the question of when to bring them up, there are few decisions to be made where they are concerned.

That's not necessarily the case with 2nd tier talent like Hernandez, and it's definitely not the case with Berken.

I think we understand each other generally. It sure took Phillip Hughes a long time to adjust to major league hitting. If Tillman and Arrieta need such time, we should get them started sooner than later. I'd like to see both guys get innings before September.

Great effort tonight by Tillman. He's ready! Bring him up. I disagree with Hernandez being a second tier talent. Very good effort tonight against the Angels. Victimized by another two run homer this time by Morales. Last Sunday Dunn got him in Baltimore. He's coming along nicely. Give him time. He's ahead of Berken.

I just pulled a hammy... can we call him up now?
It depends. Who’s hammy did you pull?
Hopefully they'll trade Baez or Sherrill soon and one of Berken or Hernandez can be moved to the BP where they'll likely wind up anyways.
The next candidate to get the possible heave-ho from the island won't be Hernandez. Ya gotta think that Hill is the one under the greatest current scrutiny.

This is the type of outing that puts Tillman in the top 10-20 prospects in all of minor league baseball, and the type of dominating outing I've been waiting for from Tillman. What's surprising is the terrible run of luck he's had the past 7 starts (5 L's, 2 ND's), but it's nice to see him get some run support, hold the fort down and go very deep into the ballgame.

He's beginning to go deeper and deeper into the games and after minimizing pitch count (100 in 7.2) he could certainly be well on his way to Baltimore by as early as mid-July or the end of the month with the erratic way Hill has pitched lately.

A night like this makes the Bedard trade look that much more like a no-brainer for us and a hell of a head-scratcher for the M's.

This is the type of outing that puts Tillman in the top 10-20 prospects in all of minor league baseball, and the type of dominating outing I've been waiting for from Tillman. What's surprising is the terrible run of luck he's had the past 7 starts (5 L's, 2 ND's), but it's nice to see him get some run support, hold the fort down and go very deep into the ballgame.

He's beginning to go deeper and deeper into the games and after minimizing pitch count (100 in 7.2) he could certainly be well on his way to Baltimore by as early as mid-July or the end of the month with the erratic way Hill has pitched lately.

A night like this makes the Bedard trade look that much more like a no-brainer for us and a hell of a head-scratcher for the M's.

I don't think one outing does that, but I'm pretty sure he was already there. I suppose this is just a confirmation.

One start of 7+ innings doesn't negate all those 5 and 6-inning efforts. Tillman still needs to show he can be consistently effective over that number of innings.

Right now, you need to see what other people can do, and they need time to show what they have.There is no way they will throw Berken or Hill out of the rotation just so they can rush Tillman up here.

If they trade Guthrie, you mite see Tillman then.But that won't be till late this month-if then.

One start of 7+ innings doesn't negate all those 5 and 6-inning efforts. Tillman still needs to show he can be consistently effective over that number of innings.

Right now, you need to see what other people can do, and they need time to show what they have.There is no way they will throw Berken or Hill out of the rotation just so they can rush Tillman up here.

If they trade Guthrie, you mite see Tillman then.But that won't be till late this month-if then.

The outing before this one he went into the 7th and this outing he makes it into the 8th, and all of this on strict pitch limits. In Baltimore, theyd probably give him atleast another 10-15 pitches per game which would allow him to go an extra inning atleast per start. So all the oens you see him going 5 in the minors would be 6 in the MLB, and all the ones he goes 6 innings would be 7 innings in the MLB as well....Im not worried about how deep he goes into games. We were worried about Hernandez and how deep he goes into games, and so far at the big league level, hes been fine....

A lot of those outings he was pulled after ~90 pitches and could have at least gone into another inning. So that's not a valid point.

Actually it is - he does still need to show he can be effective over seven. Now, it may not be proof that he can't do it. But it's surely not proof that he can.

Archived