7/7 - O's @ M's... Can we solve Bedard?

The Rick

Palmer just said he knew for a fact they wouldn't leave him out there if he was hurt (which I figured.) He followed that up by saying he's never seen such low velocity on his fastball.

But the question is, would Guthrie be forthright about it? He knows he's been struggling this year, it's entirely possible he was trying to soldier through some discomfort.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I think its very probable that they blew it. Just don't know for sure because of shoddy production-work by MASN. They definitely should have shown a split-screen with one shot of Gutierrez on the entire play and one shot of Reimold. Amateur-hour out there tonight (especially combined with the lack of knowledge from Hunter).

Sounded to me like Hunter was reading the rule from something and just didn't read the words on the page correctly. The rule is quite clear.

Yeah, I think its very probable that they blew it. Just don't know for sure because of shoddy production-work by MASN. They definitely should have shown a split-screen with one shot of Gutierrez on the entire play and one shot of Reimold. Amateur-hour out there tonight (especially combined with the lack of knowledge from Hunter).

Are we certain the game isn't being played under protest?

The Mariners network showed the ball going into the camera well, which made it out of play. I was watching them because I didn't realize mlb extra innings was showing both broadcasts tonight.

Of course you can.

And, if you yell and scream, and start claiming Palmer says he's hurt when Palmer didn't, I'm gonna point it out. Heaven forbid we can have a ballgame without a whole dang page or two of people screaming and yelling when theyu don't know what the hell they're talking about....

You haven't been watching if you don't think Palmer thinks that Guthrie is hurt. He's said several times that "I don't know if its a groin or a rib cage" or something like "you hope its not an elbow or a shoulder".

"Obviously something's going on with Jeremy Guthrie and I hope its not arm related."

He hasn't come out and said "he's definitely hurt" but its obvious something is very awry.

Man, 4 bb's for Guthrie. I hope it's not a serious injury.

If he gets put on the DL... do we see Tillman? Or do they send us a retread like Pauley/Waters?

Waters hasnt started since Patton/Arrieta were called up to Norfolk.

We probably wouldnt have to worry about this until Tuesday July 21st. If Guthrie goes on the DL, give Izturis his roster spot and go with a bullpen day on Sunday.

Palmer thinks he does, and he has said at least 5 times that there's something wrong with Guthrie.

I think it's pretty obvious that he's not right.

FYI, I was saying that Palmer thinks he knows more than Kranitz about being a pitching coach and also that there was something wrong with Guthrie, not that his arm was injured necessarily.

...but when Bedard is dealing, it's like poetry. Boy he's making some batters look ridiculous tonight.

When he is one, he is one of the best lefties in the game. One of the best pitchers for that matter. If he could stay healthy the man would get paid a 7/$100 Million+ contract.

Did we just pull Guthrie? I know he is struggling, but Hendrickson?

Thank you for finally getting him out of there! I hope he's not seriously hurt. I feel a DL stint coming.

Who are the O's going to bring up for Guts rotation spot? In fact, if Hill has any issues and needs to go to the DL who will replace him? Right now we have Bergy, Hernandez, and Berken, and truthfully Berken should be in AAA right now. Would AM bring up Liz if he didn't want to bring up any of the big three? I'd actually prefer him to Pauley or Waters if AM doesn't want to bring up anyone of the big 3 yet.

The Mariners network showed the ball going into the camera well, which made it out of play. I was watching them because I didn't realize mlb extra innings was showing both broadcasts tonight.
Its irrelevant when the ball went out of play (and that was never in doubt). The shot we need is exactly where Reimold is when Gutierrez releases the throw.

Archived