Steve Trachsel Traded

RichieRich

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, I'll go there. I'll say it.

SG, you were right!:eek:

I NEVER thought Trachsel would get actual, useful players back. Amazing.

I don't recall him saying that.. he and NMS were some of the louder posters complaining each day that passed that Trachsel still wore an O's uniform... perhaps he changed his mind after Trachsel's 5 good starts... that's just hindsight..

When I saw the headline, I was hoping Moore was the guy we got.

I remember discussing Moore with you earlier in the season and I had the same hope, but once I saw the salary exchange I figured it was a lost cause.

Moore is not a spectacular prospect, but he's definitely got potential. He probably won't hit for much of a ML average, but if he can manage to get the walks up and cut down on the Ks he could be a solid ML performer. Decent power potential. I want to see this guy up in September.

I remember discussing Moore with you earlier in the season and I had the same hope, but once I saw the salary exchange I figured it was a lost cause.

Moore is not a spectacular prospect, but he's definitely got potential. He probably won't hit for much of a ML average, but if he can manage to get the walks up and cut down on the Ks he could be a solid ML performer. Decent power potential. I want to see this guy up in September.

So are we talking a Morgan Ensberg type guy here? That's what it seems like...

Yeah... don't forget, you were leading the charge lambasting the FO for not trading him at the dealine for a bucket of balls... or cutting him and sucking up the $$$ after the deadline passed... I hope you give the FO some credit for being a little patient and seeing the value in giving Trachsel a chance to right his ship.... he did, and we did get something for him... what the value is I have no idea. The 3B doesn't look bad for being at AAA at 24 years of age.

To Trax's credit he came out after the deadline and posted a more then solid August to really get his value up for a contender. This is a great trade and thank you Steve Trachel for getting it back together and making this possible!

So are we talking a Morgan Ensberg type guy here? That's what it seems like...

Ensberg got started late development-wise and his numbers have been up and down year after year, so it's hard to say. But I could see Moore being somewhere between Ensberg's up and down years. Solid but not great power for a third baseman, a bit low on the BA, basically dependent on how is BB/K ratio turns out.

Wow, sounds like a good deal. Of course, this could be one of those moves we make where we acquire a low risk high reward type player and never let him go anywhere but AAA.

September callup maybe?

The article in the sun says that both players are expected to join the team tomorrow when the roster expands.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baseball/bal-trachsel0831,0,4138067.story

Archived