Seattle turns down pick 5 and three way

Lefty0315

Boston made a big push for King Felix at the deadline but was rebuffed twice by Seattle according to Geoff Baker and confirmed by Buster Olney in his chat on 8/3. They could have or picked five from this list

They included:

RHP Clay Buchholz

RHP Daniel Bard

RHP Justin Masterson

LHP Nick Hagadone

RHP Michael Bowden

LHP Felix Doubront

OF Josh Reddick

SS Yamaico Navarro

or acquired Adrian Gonzalez in a three way deal. Seattle better get into contetion with King Felix on the roster or they may regret turning down these deals.

Turning down the Gonzalez move was smart. They were getting hosed in that deal.

The straight-up deal, though, I think you at least have to make a counter offer there. Maybe take your four favorites from that list and tell them to add Anderson and Ellsbury or something like that. They probably say no but see how much you can get.

Turning down the Gonzalez move was smart. They were getting hosed in that deal.

The straight-up deal, though, I think you at least have to make a counter offer there. Maybe take your four favorites from that list and tell them to add Anderson and Ellsbury or something like that. They probably say no but see how much you can get.

I agree ... the Mariners were probably just taking the first steps in gauging the market for Felix Hernandez, who remains under his team's control through the 2011 season.

Archived